Unable to update octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt

What is the problem?
I just changed networks last night and I need to update the network settings on the Octopi. I shutdown the Pi, pulled the card, put it in a reader and stuck it in my laptop. I then opened the "octopi-wpa-supplicant" in Notepad++ and made my network changes just like I did during the initial install. The problem occurs when I try to save
I first get an error:
"This file cannot be saved and it may be write protected. Do you want to launch Notepad++ in Administration mode?"
I say yes to this and it reopens the file in Notepad++. Then, when I try to save it, I get another error:
"Please check if this file is opened in another program"

What did you already try to solve it?
Rebooted laptop and tried again. Failed
Tried updating share permissions on the drive to "FULL CONTROL'. Retry and failed.
Tried saving the file externally, updating it and copying back to the boot drive but it wouldn't let me save saying I didn't have permission.

I just want to know how to update this file with my new network info.

Thanks for your time!
Dave

Sounds to me like your sd card is broken :confused:

I guess you can't write anything on the card anymore, can you?

@RCDC_3D :

Do you maybe use a micro to normal size SD card adapter with a write protection lever on the side?

1 Like

I have definitely been guilty of this one, sitting there wondering why it won't write when the switch is in read-only......

1 Like