Unable to Upload GCode Files - Solved

I have a fresh install of Octopi on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with an attached USB drive. I setup the Pi to auto mount the USB drive by updating fstab with the following:

PARTUUID=dd08d5ae-01 /home/pi/data ntfs-3g defaults,auto,rw,nofail,umask=000 0 0

I then setup a Samba share for the data folder and pointed the Upload, Timelapse, Timelapse Temp, and Watched folders in Octoprint to the mounted data drive. Octoprint can see the folders when I test them. However, when I try to upload gcode files, I get the following error:

Upload failed

Could not upload the file. Make sure that it is a readable, valid file with one of these extensions: .bmp, .bmp, .g, .gco, .gcode, .gif, .gif, .jpeg, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpg, .png, .png, .webp, .webp

{"error":"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."}

I had this setup running before, but re-flashed the Pi to update to Python 3. Also I am able to upload files directly to the Samba share. But if I load those files onto the printer in Octoprint I get an error message but it still lets me print them.

If I reset the upload folder to the default location, it works fine.

Also found these entries in the log file:

File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/init.py", line 1018, in atomic_write
os.chmod(fd.name, permissions)
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/home/pi/data/uploads/AM4_Backplate/tmp_3nyp5p7'
octoprint-systeminfo-20211123195721.zip (45.1 KB)

After doing some digging on the permissions, I found the USB drive was being mounted under Root and the pi user only had read access. I added uid=1000 to the entry in fstab to mount the drive under the pi user and it started working as intended.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.