Hi community, I'd love some help completing setup! I'm fairly certain its an easy fix for experienced folks, but i'm relatively new to Raspberry Pi and worry its user error
We have added a Prusa MK3S MMU to our model shop at the office, with OctoPi & webcam.
When trying to connect from my desktop, it always returns Offline (Error: Could not write to serial port).
This made me think something was fundamentally wrong with my setup, but if I open the OctoPod app on my phone I can see the webcam feed (when on the office WiFi -- doesn't work offsite) but have no controls. This make me think something is correct.
To try and fix it, I've...
- surfed through a ton of the forum posts to no avail, followed one by @b-morgan and used it as my main guide
- (obviously) tons of googling
- tried every option under the Serial port dropdown (Auto and '/dev/ttyAMA0')
- tried every baudrate option in the dropdown
- updated to OctoPrint 1.4.2
- stumbled through the settings while keeping my fingers crossed
- saw a post where @foosel suggested checking the box on Serial Logging. When I did this and tried to connect, it returned a new error Offline (Error: IOError: '[Errno 25] Inappropriate ioctl for device' @ comm.py:_readline:2916)
In the hopes of reversing the curse that is 2020, I've uploaded Octoprint.log.
my OS is Windows 10, OctoPrint 1.4.2, printer is Prusa MK3S MMU, Prusa firmware is 3.9.0, browser is Google Chrome, running on a Raspberry Pi Zero W connected to one of the office Wifi networks, and it's partly cloudy here is Texas (don't think that matters, but still...)
I attempted to start fresh based on some ideas and suggestions I've seen elsewhere through this great community.... and I mean start REAL fresh! New Pi, new flash of OctoPi, everything. same freakin result.
I am utterly and completely stuck! Please Octoprint community, save me from this black hole.