Updating from VERY old build

What is the problem?

I turned on my printer for the first time in 3.5 years and my OctoPrint 1.4.0 using an RPi 3 booted just fine. It's (obviously) just incredibly out of date. I tried updating through the update function in OctoPrint, and it was failing. I decided to make a backup, replace the board with a RPi 4 and started with a fresh image from the Raspberry Pi Imager (as suggested) and then tried to restore the 250MB backup I made and it keeps failing with the below errors:

Error while running restore
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint/plugins/backup/__init__.py", line 1224, in _restore_backup
    zip.extract(member, temp)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/zipfile.py", line 1616, in extract
    return self._extract_member(member, path, pwd)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/zipfile.py", line 1688, in _extract_member
    shutil.copyfileobj(source, target)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/shutil.py", line 205, in copyfileobj
    buf = fsrc_read(length)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/zipfile.py", line 922, in read
    data = self._read1(n)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/zipfile.py", line 998, in _read1
    data = self._decompressor.decompress(data, n)
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: invalid stored block lengths

Restore failed! Check the above output and octoprint.log for reasons as to why.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have researched and it looks like someone in another thread suggested upgrading to 1.7 and creating a new backup and starting from there. I found instructions and used the following command:

~/oprint/bin/pip install --force-reinstall OctoPrint==1.7.0 --no-cache-dir

but after a little bit, I get the following error:

Collecting PyYAML<6,>=5.4.1
  Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/a0/a4/d63f2d7597e1a4b55aa3b4d6c5b029991d3b824b5bd331af8d4ab1ed687d/PyYAML-5.4.1.tar.gz (175kB)
     |β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 184kB 4.6MB/s 
  Installing build dependencies ... done
  Getting requirements to build wheel ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: /home/pi/oprint/bin/python2 /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py get_requires_for_build_wheel /tmp/tmpU8o786
       cwd: /tmp/pip-install-SI6vXe/PyYAML
  Complete output (46 lines):
  running egg_info
  creating lib/PyYAML.egg-info
  writing lib/PyYAML.egg-info/PKG-INFO
  writing top-level names to lib/PyYAML.egg-info/top_level.txt
  writing dependency_links to lib/PyYAML.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
  writing manifest file 'lib/PyYAML.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py", line 257, in <module>
      main()
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py", line 240, in main
      json_out['return_val'] = hook(**hook_input['kwargs'])
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py", line 91, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
      return hook(config_settings)
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 146, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
      return self._get_build_requires(config_settings, requirements=['wheel'])
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 127, in _get_build_requires
      self.run_setup()
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 142, in run_setup
      exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'), locals())
    File "setup.py", line 295, in <module>
      python_requires='>=2.7, !=3.0.*, !=3.1.*, !=3.2.*, !=3.3.*, !=3.4.*, !=3.5.*',
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/__init__.py", line 145, in setup
      return distutils.core.setup(**attrs)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 151, in setup
      dist.run_commands()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 953, in run_commands
      self.run_command(cmd)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 972, in run_command
      cmd_obj.run()
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 296, in run
      self.find_sources()
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 303, in find_sources
      mm.run()
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 534, in run
      self.add_defaults()
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line 570, in add_defaults
      sdist.add_defaults(self)
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/py36compat.py", line 36, in add_defaults
      self._add_defaults_ext()
    File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/py36compat.py", line 120, in _add_defaults_ext
      self.filelist.extend(build_ext.get_source_files())
    File "setup.py", line 201, in get_source_files
      self.cython_sources(ext.sources, ext)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/cmd.py", line 105, in __getattr__
      raise AttributeError, attr
  AttributeError: cython_sources
  ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /home/pi/oprint/bin/python2 /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py get_requires_for_build_wheel /tmp/tmpU8o786 Check the logs for full command output.
WARNING: You are using pip version 19.3.1; however, version 20.3.4 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

n/a

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

I'm Sorry but it looks like this started in 1.6.0 and I'm trying to get there. :slight_smile:

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Working version:
Raspberry Pi 3B running Buster
Octoprint: 1.4.0
OctoPi: 0.17.0

Trying to install the image from Raspberry Pi Imager (1.9.3) on a Raspberry Pi 4 and then restore the backup from the above

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.