Updating to 1.8.1 failed, prompting the wrong python version

What is the problem?

octoprint提示可以更新到1.8.1,但是当我点击更新按钮后,软件给出了错误提示:系统的python版本是3.6.9,升级需要3.7及以上版本。但是,我的系统安装的python版本是3.10.4

What did you already try to solve it?

我检查了octoprint.log,确认是python版本问题 ERROR:Package'octoprint' require是differentPython:3.6.9 not in '<4,>=3.7'

检查了系统变量,python指向python3.10
root@R-BOX:~# python3 -V
Python 3.10.4
root@R-BOX:~# python -V
Python 3.10.4

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint 1.7.3, Ubuntu Bionic with Armbian Linux 5.3.0-aml-g12,python3.6.9

你好

OctoPrint runs within a virtual environment (venv) with it's own Python installation.
You have to update this.

Thank you for your reply. It is indeed a problem with the virtual environment installed by octoprint. My TV box uses ubuntu18.04.4LTS, and its own python is pyhton3.6.9. Now I upgraded it to 20.04LTS python version automatically upgraded to 3.8.10. Then I successfully installed octoprint 1.8.1.:grinning:

I have a question. It turns out that the system python version is low. I manually installed the latest python3.10.4, and even manually specifying the latest version when building the octoprint installation environment, still cannot install the latest octoprint smoothly.

Although now I upgrade the system of the TV box, I can install the latest octoprint1.8.1, but it needs to be reinstalled, which is too troublesome. I just want to find easy way to upgrade directly from octoprint1.7.3 to 1.8.1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.