Updating to python3 notification, already on octoprint 1.7/ octopi 0.18

What is the problem?

I am getting the notification concerning python2 deprecation on my octopi, however I've already updated it to octoprint 1.7/ octopi 0.18. Am I screwed or is this nothing to worry about?

What did you already try to solve it?

I read through the update guides, however they didn't seem to be a perfect fit for my scenario. I'm posting this in the hopes of clarification.

Additional information about your setup

octopi info
Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
octoprint info
Version 1.7.0
Attached to an ender 3 pro with the tasmota plugin

Thanks for the help, this project is incredible!

Where did you download OctoPi from?

Hi!
I didn't download it, I bought one of the premade raspberry pi servers about a year ago.

Anyhow, do you have the logs that have been asked for in parts of the template that you have deleted?

octoprint-systeminfo-20211030230404.zip (14.6 KB)
Is this helpful?

In that case, the 'OctoPi 0.18' you have is not the same one that you can download from OctoPrint.org - Download & Setup OctoPrint, which is why it has Python 2

I see, are the guides concerning the python3 update not applicable then? Or do I need to follow a modified version of one of the guides?

The guides all still apply. Your OctoPi version is more like OctoPi 0.17, so follow the guides like that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.