upgrade from 1.3.4 to 1.7.2 or intermediate

What is the problem?

upgrade from 1.3.4 to 1.7.2 or intermediate

Hello, I have a printer that has not been used for 3 years, it was kept new and never used.
When trying to update Octoprint I get this:
"No local packages or download links found for markdown> = 3.1, <3.2
Traceback (most recent call last): "
I can't enter commands to raspberry since I don't know the manufacturer's username and password, (obviously they won't give it to me)
Any idea how to update?
I have PIP version 9.0.1

I await comments! Thank you!

I guess you run the OctoPi image on a Raspberry Pi?

In that case I would really recommend to flash a new image and start over.

Everything including the debian system Octoprint is running on is completely outdated and imo it's too much work to update everything.

If you're using OctoPi it should be username pi / password raspberry

Thank you very much for your answer!
I want to avoid creating another SD.
I would like to keep the factory settings and accessories

Sorry but my octoprint does not have Systeminfo Bundle because it is outdated

this is the error message:

Actualizando, por favor espere.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Actualizando ahora OctoPrint a 1.7.2
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
/home/pi/oprint/bin/python "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.4.post0.dev0_gfe481e1-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugins/softwareupdate/scripts/update-octoprint.py" --branch= --force=false "/home/pi/OctoPrint" 1.7.2
From https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint
d60c5a6..2885244  master     -> origin/master
bcea483..43a62bf  devel      -> origin/devel
781c0d9..a3d077f  maintenance -> origin/maintenance
945825f..2885244  rc/devel   -> origin/rc/devel
945825f..2885244  rc/maintenance -> origin/rc/maintenance
444fe44..56e81d5  staging/bugfix -> origin/staging/bugfix
5ab4ab1..bb00b17  staging/devel -> origin/staging/devel
945825f..2885244  staging/maintenance -> origin/staging/maintenance
No local packages or download links found for markdown>=3.1,<3.2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 319, in <module>
setuptools.setup(**params())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 111, in setup
_setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 262, in __init__
self.fetch_build_eggs(attrs['setup_requires'])
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 287, in fetch_build_eggs
replace_conflicting=True,
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 631, in resolve
dist = best[req.key] = env.best_match(req, ws, installer)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 874, in best_match
return self.obtain(req, installer)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 886, in obtain
return installer(requirement)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 338, in fetch_build_egg
return cmd.easy_install(req)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 630, in easy_install
raise DistutilsError(msg)
distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('markdown>=3.1,<3.2')
No local packages or download links found for markdown>=3.1,<3.2
File "setup.py", line 319, in <module>
setuptools.setup(**params())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 111, in setup
_setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 262, in __init__
self.fetch_build_eggs(attrs['setup_requires'])
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 287, in fetch_build_eggs
replace_conflicting=True,
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 631, in resolve
dist = best[req.key] = env.best_match(req, ws, installer)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 874, in best_match
return self.obtain(req, installer)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 886, in obtain
return installer(requirement)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 338, in fetch_build_egg
return cmd.easy_install(req)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 630, in easy_install
raise DistutilsError(msg)
distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('markdown>=3.1,<3.2')
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.4.post0.dev0_gfe481e1-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugins/softwareupdate/scripts/update-octoprint.py", line 313, in <module>
main()
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.4.post0.dev0_gfe481e1-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugins/softwareupdate/scripts/update-octoprint.py", line 310, in main
install_source(python_executable, folder, user=args.user, sudo=args.sudo)
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.4.post0.dev0_gfe481e1-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugins/softwareupdate/scripts/update-octoprint.py", line 254, in install_source
raise RuntimeError("Could not update, \"python setup.py install\" failed with returncode {}".format(returncode))
RuntimeError: Could not update, "python setup.py install" failed with returncode 1

Is this a Robo3D printer?

I fear this system is simply way too outdated. If there's no way to access it via SSH due to being locked out, there's simply no feasible way to update this. And even if you were able to update to 1.7.2, there's also no way to migrate this to Python 3, which you'll also need to do. I would strongly suggest you rethink using this ancient version, bite the bullet and reflash something recent.

I have 5 of them, this is the model:

These have a usb port with access to the files, there is no way to update from there, using a file?
thanks for the reply

No, there isn't. Unless they built something in there, in which case you'd have to ask them.

Is there a way to make the usb port work to read pendrive if I install everything from scratch?
I already did it but I can't find the way, I also lost the complete "Curaengiene" which was very good, since it allows laminating from the same printer.

No, unfortunately there is no easy way to do that.

You could enable the usb boot support but you need either ssh or sd card access in order to do that.
Then you could boot a fresh raspberry pi os image from a usb thumb drive, log in via ssh and flash the new Octopi image on the sd card via command line.

Based on the specs on the website you posted it shouldn't be too hard to flash a fresh image and set everything back up.
Seems like it's a Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen and a Raspberry Pi V1 Cam on a Pi 3 connected to a ramps based Arduino 2560 board.

The only way to use the files from your configuration is to make a new SD-Card with the actually OctoPi Image, and put the old SD in a Reader. So you can get into from the new OctoPi via ssh.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.