Upgrading to Octoprint 1.6.1 Broke GCode Viewer

What is the problem?

My GCode Viewer Now only renders a single vertical line on each layer. Printer still prints as it should.

What did you already try to solve it?

Booted Octoprint in safe mode and started a test print. The issue persisted.
I've looked for other threads or existing bugs related to this issue and I could not find anything specifically related to Version 1.6.1
Issue persists with other browsers (Tested: Chrome and Firefox)

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0 connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53 connectivity.connection_ok: true connectivity.enabled: true connectivity.online: true connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org connectivity.resolution_ok: true env.hardware.cores: 4 env.hardware.freq: 1500 env.hardware.ram: 8204615680 env.os.bits: 32 env.os.id: linux env.os.platform: linux env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4 env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.18.0 env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0 env.python.pip: 20.3.3 env.python.version: 3.7.3 env.python.virtualenv: true octoprint.safe_mode: false octoprint.version: 1.6.1 printer.firmware: Marlin bugfix-2.0.x (May 9 2021 18:45:53) systeminfo.generator: systemapi

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version 1.6.1 , OctoPi version 0.18.0 , printer, firmware Marlin 2.0-bugfix , browser Firefox 88.0.1 , Printer: Ender 3, Slicer: Cura

I think the issue might be related to my slicer as it is one thing I have not changed yet. That is because I only reciently starting messign around with FDM 3D prints and Cura is all I know how to use so far. I've downloaded Slic3r but I haven't gotten around to setting it up yet. I'm attaching my G Code for an example print that gives the issue.

This is my first time posting I read the rule and I think this is where this post should go but if I should post elsewhere please let me know.

Thank you in advance for the help! :slight_smile:

Attached: G Code for print that breaks my GCode Viewer
CE3_xyzCalibration_cube.gcode (1.8 MB)
Attached: Octoprint Logs
octoprint-logs.zip (404.2 KB)

Edit: Formatting

It seems to work for me. Could you post a screenshot/video of what you are seeing?

The only gcode viewer related changes were fixing zooming in an out with centre origin - or, let us know what you upgraded from.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

I'm in the process of leveling my bed right now or else my screenshot would be in safe mode but it looks the same there too. I upgraded from Octoprint 1.6.0.

Turns out that some how my printer profile changed. My Y axis size was changed to 200220 instead of 220. Fixing the profile fixed the issue.

1 Like