Upload failed > Maximum request body size

What is the problem?

Upload fail: Maximum request body size 16777216 exceeded, actual body size 16998885

What did you already try to solve it?

yes, upload works with smaller gcode files

Have you tried running in safe mode?

yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20220803220909.zip (56.1 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version 1.8.1 - addon in Home Assistant, printer: Ender 3 v2, firmware, browser: firefox 103.0.1, operating system: windows 10, ..

Am I right in reading that the file you are trying to upload is only ~16MB? What's generating/where are you seeing that message?

OctoPrint's default maximum upload size is 1GB, which is configurable in config.yaml (link to docs). Since you've said you installed it through a home assistant add-on, I wonder if this is what is restricting the file size not OctoPrint.

File size is 21.927 kB

I got this error in the Octoprint Web GUI (integratet in Home Assistant)

Where can I edite the config.yaml if I use Octoprint as an Addon?

As you run OctoPrint along with HomeAssistent, please tell us the remaining memory for saving files. You can find it here:

grafik

Also the place where you store those files as well as the Disk space thresholds:

free

(Sorry for 3 posts, new users can only put one file into a posting)

upload

I don't know where config.yaml is but I would expect that whoever made the add-on you are using might have documented it somewhere.

If the default is 1GB and your file is 20KB, then I don't think OctoPrint is the problem here. I am wondering if there is something in the add-on that is causing an issue. I have no idea how it works to guide on that.

It's home assistant limit, not octoprint.

ok, but there is no solution/workaround?

It's a homassistant issue with an homeassistant plugin - I guess you should ask them for a workaround :person_shrugging:

It's like calling your tv manufacturer because an app on the firetv isn't working.

It seems to be hardcoded here

and with 1,300+ open issues, good luck getting them to change it :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.