Upload vs Upload to SD card

Hi there,

I am using Connection OctoPrint 1.3.10 running on OctoPi 0.16.0 with a Creality Ender 3.

I am unsure what the difference is between Upload and Upload to SD card options are on the main page.

If I choose upload, I can upload a GCODE file pretty quickly, then press the Load and Print button and away it goes.
If I choose the Upload to SD Card option, it uploads the file then spends upwards of a hour (depending how complex the print is) before I can actually 'Load and Print' the file.

When I choose Upload, where does it upload the file to? The Raspberry Pi's SD card? The SD card plugged into the printer? The printer's internal memory?
And same for Upload to SD Card, which SD card? The one in the Pi or the one in the printer?

Which option is the more advisable of the two?

Cheers
Hunt

Upload goes to the pi. Upload to SD goes over the serial connection to the SD card in the printer and takes forever.. I have never found any reason to use the printer SD card after getting Octopi set up.

1 Like

Thanks for that.
Ok so I'm doing it right if I choose Upload, which goes to the Pi, and then after a minute click the "Load and Print" setting?

Yes that is correct !