USB Cables (comms failures)

I have been getting frequent comms failures between my OctoPi & My Ender3 Pro, to start with it was happening around 3-4 times an hour

So far I have swapped the Amazon Basics USB cable that I purchased for the job with one that came with my Garmin GPS device, the Garmin one has a ferite bead on the USB mini end, This reduced the frequency of comms failures by a huge margin probably to 1-2 times a day.
I then discovered that the fridge/freezer in my garage (which my printer was sat next to and plugged in to the same 4 gang extension cable) seems to throw out a load of RF noise and cause a spike in the mains power as the compressor starts up. I have since moved the 3d printer to the other side of the garage and it is connected to a different ring main circuit to the freezer. Again this improved the situation a bit more but I am still getting a comms failure once every 2-3 days.

I've been looking around for some high quality USB cables ideally with a ferite on each end and high quality shielding, can anyone recommend any good cables?

I'm also thinking of installing some RF protection on the fridge / freezer, I have some big RF chokes & suppressors that I used when I messed around with Tesla Coils & other HV stuff several years ago, but to be honest it seems a bit over kill for a fridge/freezer.

I don't think there is anything of use in the log files, they just look the same as most other comms failures.

OctoPrint 1.3.12 running on OctoPi 0.17.0, Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB

You could plug the Pi's power adapter into a UPS (to clean up the brown-outs) and simply add a ferrite coil to the serial cable.

I have considered a UPS, I think i've got an old one knocking about somewhere, it probably needs a new battery which should be easy enough to change. would it be worth running the printer from the UPS to protect from power outages?

Not sure why I didn't think of a clip on ferrite, i'm sure i have a few around if not they are cheap enough.

I'll see how things go.

I never run a 3D printer without everything being plugged into a UPS. You're mostly protecting against brown-outs typical of either poor input power, competing appliances like dryers and refrigerator compressors and halogen lamps.