Usb hub webcam using

Camera model

Logitech C505e Webcam

What is the problem?
When I want to use a USB hub octoprint cant see my webcam. When I use it without a USB hub it works, but can't connect to them both.
What did you already try to solve it?

Use another cable, taping of the 5v on the USB cable to the printer
Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
(upload://c1pAeNUBkNOK0dQvvrhhBROeODr.log) (37.5 KB) octoprint.log (889.7 KB)
Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
At the moment I use octoprint 1.5.2 and have a ender 3 pro with a pi zero w[serial.log|attachment]

Have you tried a different hub?

You won't get good performance with a webcam via the raspberry pi zero w, because its cpu impacts wifi performance.

The hub is just new, so I did not tried yet with another one . Also when I use camera it works fine with my raspberry pi

A hub uses power. Not much, but some anyway. It could fairly well be that the combination of hub and camera is just too much for the power supply you use.

You don't have to believe me about the raspberry pi zero w not being powerful enough. But it is not supported, and people will continue telling you so every time you have a problem.

1 Like

Yeah okay its true its not supported but I thought I just give it a try. Maybe I am going to use something different to work this out. But still thank you for your fast reply!