User Name and Password for Stable OctoPi with New Camera Stack

Camera model

Raspberry Pi Camera v3

What is the problem?

I need the new Stable OctoPi with New Camera Stack in order to use the Raspberry Pi camera v3. I used the Raspberry Pi Imager to load the new software to the SD card (with no advanced options) and then booted my Raspberry Pi 4 with that image. When I try to ssh into the Pi, the assumed default user name of pi and password of raspberry did not work. I then reimaged the card using the advanced options to assign a user name and password, but when I booted the second image, it did not recognize the user name and password I set in the Raspberry Pi Imager. So, what is the default user name and password and how can I get the Imager to load my assigned user name and password correctly?

What did you already try to solve it?

As described, tried loading the image with both the advanced options and without the advanced options.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

N/A

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

can't run Octoprint to get this

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint 1.9.3 with new camera stack, Octopi 1.0, Svol SV04, Chrome Browser, Windows 11

I fyou don't change it's pi/raspberry

I have tried this both ways on two different SD cards and using Raspberry Pi Imager and Etcher, none work. When I do not set a user name and password on the Raspberry Pi Imager or Etcher, and ssh into the Pi with Putty using pi/raspberry it is not accepted. When I set a new user name and password in Raspberry Pi Imager, that is not accepted either. I have never had this issue before, not sure what else to try. Any ideas welcome!!

Using the Raspberry Pi Imager 1.8.5, Use OS customizations and on the General tab, make sure the Keyboard layout matches the system / keyboard on the system you are SSHing in from and on the Services tab, make sure that Enable SSH is checked and Use password authentication is selected. Manually set the username to pi and the password to something simple (i.e. no fancy keys).

Thanks b-morgan for the suggestions. I followed your suggestions exactly, but sadly, the same result. I even waited 6 minutes after starting the pi reboot just to be 100% sure that it was finished starting up. Any other suggestions gladly accepted.

Have you ever gotten an OS on this Raspberry Pi 4? Is this your only RPi? Are you using a good quality microSD card? How big? What OS and SSH software are you using to attempt to connect?

Do you have an HDMI monitor, a micro HDMI cable, and a USB keyboard you can connect temporarily?

What type of network connection are you using? Can you connect with an Ethernet cable (in a temporary location if necessary)?

Can you flash the Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit) instead of an OctoPi image and try that?

I ran into same issue after about 5 reloads from scratch I set the user name/password to pi/raspberry, set the locale to us/new york and keyboard layout to us and it finally worked. I have board (Pi 4) directly connected to ethernet and keyboard. Love program, sometimes I lose my mind when they change the environment around you.

Well, finally got it to work, but the problem was the last thing I expected. I have two Pi's set up, one for each of my 3D printers. The original one has always used an ip address of 192.168.1.67, and the newer Pi used 192.169.1.70 for a few months before the loading the new camera stack OS. When I hooked up a monitor to the Pi running the new camera stack OS and watched the boot up, I realized that it was using the 192.168.1.67 ip address? As soon as I switched Putty to use that ip, everything worked. Not sure why it switched, but guess I will have to see what the other Pi is on when I next boot that one..

The down side of all this is when I tried to use the new camera stack OS with my second printer, a Sovol SV04 idex printer, the OS does not recognize the second extruder. So, I will have to go back to the original stable OS anyway and forget the camera.

Glad you got it working!

I have multiple RPi systems and they all have unique hostnames and IP addresses. My router / firewall is both a DHCP server and a DNS server so I can connect by hostname and don't have to bother with IP addresses.

PuTTY will complain if I change the OS but I just accept the new keys.

You should be able to configure the new camera stack OS to recognize the second extruder just like it was configured in the original stable OS.

The camera stack should not have anything to do with the extruders on the printer. They are completely independent systems.

The old/new camera stack is exactly the same OS, and exactly the same OctoPrint version across both. I'd suspect there's some subtle configuration that has not been transferred - did you use the backup/restore options, or opt to set it up completely from scratch? Is the printer profile set up correctly to match multiple extruderd?