Using a Logitech C920 as primary and Pi camera for secondary. Does the C920 have a serial number?

Logitech C920

Trying to find the serial number for editing the config file as per Chris Riley's YouTube videos

everything I could think of :slight_smile:

I dont know what logs would help here!!!

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint latest stable version, OctoPi latest stable version, ...)

I can recommend not following these videos for setting up multiple webcams. Aside from most of them involving editing files that say "don't edit this file to change the configuration", it's often much more complicated than it needs to be.

OctoPi supports using multiple webcams already - and you can configure it using the guide below.

Hi Charlie, thanks for the reply which I have followed to the link.
The only problem I am having is trying to work out if the cameras can be selected when using the Octopi UI or if you need to switch to each one at the log in ( and then log out and in again for changes!)
This would not be what I am after I need to be able to switch between streams quickly and this guide seems to be a lengthy process. Also would it matter if the was one Pi and two USB cameras?
Thanks for your help and input.
Kev

If you install the MultiCam plugin, you can quick switch.

That guide is as easy as configuring multiple webcams gets - and it works with both USB and RPi cameras.

Hi Charlie,
I have gotten the C920 working as the only camera but when I follow that guide to install a C270 I cannot get it to show! However when I use the "lsusb" command as per below I get the following but I am not sure what I should use, if anything, from this info?

pi@octopi : /boot ** lsusb Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2c99:0002 Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:082d Logitech, Inc. HD Pro Webcam C920 Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:0825 Logitech, Inc. Webcam C270 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub **pi@octopi** : **/boot

Any pointers would be really appreciated as I feel I am very close to getting this working!!!
Cheers
Kev