Using brightpi with Octoprint

What is the problem?
Can anyone tell me how to get a Brightpi light to work with Octoprint? There are various references to it on the web but nothing that actually tells me what to do

What did you already try to solve it?
I have connected the Brightpi to the I2C connectors as per the instructions but then I get stuck. I have seen various references to sending commands to the Pi but I dont know how to do it with Octopi as all the instructions refer to a Raspbian OS. I also cannot see any instructions how to use Action Command Prompt in the Octoprint UI.

Can someone help please. I am computer literate but have not worked with the Pi or LINUX previously

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

Presumably you followed these instructions.

• Turn on I2C support in sudo raspi-config and reboot
  • Run sudo i2cdetect -y 1 to verify that it shows up, noting that you might have to install it with sudo apt-get install i2c-tools
  • You might need to review cat /etc/modules to see if it has a line in it with i2c-dev; otherwise sudo nano /etc/modules and append this line
  • Make sure that the pi user can send to I2C without being promoted to root via sudo adduser pi i2c
  • Install at least one python module like sudo apt-get install python-smbus

Review the many examples provided by that link. Learn how to create Python scripts. You might want to put them into the ~/scripts folder on the Pi. When you get to this point, let us know.

Yes, I have read all that but my problem is how to send these commands to the Pi as I have no keyboard or monitor directly connected. I am controlling it from Octoprint

One normally would ssh (or PuTTY) into the Raspberry Pi to have a remote session. Try searching the Internet for Raspberry Pi tutorials at the basic level.