V4l2-ctl not installed error message

What is the problem?

I keep getting messages that V4L2-CTL is not installed when trying to do things on any camera page. If it didn't get installed when I installed Opcto4A and subsequently OctoPrint, where can I find an install package that will get it for me?

What did you already try to solve it?

Looked for any mentions online telling me how to install it and I couldn't figure anything out about it.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

By what I understand, safe mode disables all plugins so I wouldn't be able to test it anyway, so no.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
I think this is what you want here...
octoprint-logs (4).zip (263.0 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint 1.8.1, Octo4A 1.1.1, CR-6 SE (not connected), firmware N/A, Chrome, operating system,Win10 as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

The message about v4l2-ctl comes from the Camera Settings plugins (I can't tell if you know that or not).

I am not sure if Octo4a uses v4l2 to run the webcam streaming, so it may not work if you can get it installed.

You should be able to SSH into the environment running in Octo4a once it is enabled in the settings page of the app with ssh root@<your-ip> -p 8022 (you can change the port in the app, so if you change it obviously change it in the command). Then to have the v4l2-ctl command you will have to run apk add v4l-utils, then restart it and it (might) work.

2 Likes

Actually I was getting that error before installing the camera setting plugin. I have not tried SSHing (is that a verb?) into the app, so I will try that when I get home. Since I haven't done anything like this before the command after connecting is "apk add v4l-utils" correct? Thanks for the help.

Following your instructions cleared up the error message. Thank you for the assistance.

Good to know my guessing is up to scratch :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.