We need to talk about funding

Came here to ask the same thing... I'll be switching from Patreon to github sponsorship.

Thank you for sending the announcement, I'm newer to the community and didn't know who to thank for OctoPrint. It was essential for me when initially learning to 3D print and has been so incredibly extensible and flexible since. It truly is an incredible system!

Also, thank you to SIGSEGV bringing up that Github Sponsors gets you every penny contributed.

I'd like to borrow this if you don't mind.

1 Like

I am using Octoprint since years now, and you were rigth, I didn't know the possibility to be a supporter
Now you have a new patron contributor, hope it will help

Thanks for your work and may the force be you

What is the best way to do a one time payment that has the least amount of fees and gets the most to you?

No problem! Having only 6 printers currently, I felt this description was more accurate than a print farm. :slight_smile:

GitHub Sponsors as well.

Thank you for your hard work and for sharing it with others. I am just a 3D printing hobbyist, but your software is invaluable. I have a spinal cord injury and am paralyzed from my chest down. That is an issue when you need an SD card physically moved from a computer to a printer! :slight_smile: Your software has helped me bring my designs to life with a little more independence. I started a recurring payment. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Subscribed via Github Sponsors. I could not imagine using my printer without OctoPrint. I wasn't aware this was mostly a one-person project! It's quite impressive, and totally invaluable.

Your software lives in a Pi 4 strapped to the side of my Anycubic i3 MEGA. Here is a picture of where it lives, within an enclosure it helped print for itself. It is a welcome part of my desk.

On the other side of the printer, of course, is all my filament which I refill with $20 spools on a semi-regular basis. It only seems right I contribute to the intangible items that contribute to my printer working just as much as I do the tangible.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Some sent via PayPal. Thank you for all your great work

1 Like

OctoPrint is a great tool/utility and I am deeply thankful to the creators and developers for all their hard work in maintaining, building and developing OctoPrint.
I wished I had the funds available to make a larger donation but alas I don't so have Signed up to Patron to make a small regular contribution to this great project.

2 Likes

Every cent counts!

1 Like

I didn't know GitHub Sponsors was a thing! Very nice to know that you get 100% of the proceeds there. I switched my Patreon membership over there and bumped it up a little too. Every little bit helps!

1 Like

Incredible. $50 from Canada! Merci!

1 Like

Of-course I'll sponsor you Gina! Top work! And never be afraid to ask for a payrise :joy: !

1 Like

I have being postponing contributing like doing an update. I turn on the printer in a hurry to get something done and when I see an update I say that I will do it later. Then I turn off the printer until next time that I want to print something. Same goes with contributing, I see messages when I interact with octoprint infrastructure (website, forum ... ) and I think that I will do it, but I keep postponing.

Sorry, I do not think that I can go back to the way I 3D print before octoprint. So, I took the time to sign up in a regular donation platform to give something back. Not as much as you deserve.

Thanks for changing the whole 3D printing for the better.

2 Likes

This is my first sponsoring for somebody.
It's very tiny contribution , only USD 1 in recurring from me. but I hope it will give you small help.
I will contribute more later when I can afford more.

I understand your situation now well and I am a user being crazy about 3D printing in Korea with your octoprint !

Thanks for all of it and cheering from one user for you in Korea

3 Likes

Since Octoprint is so useful and in general once set-up is done it runs forever it would be ok for me to integrate a "Donate" Button on a prominent place at the UI
This piece of Software is so good, that you forget the effort, somebody has to put in and i wasnt aware, that this is a "one-(wo)men-show"
Thank you!

1 Like

Done with thanks for your efforts and dedication. I hope you will manage finically and keep working on what you love

1 Like