Web Browser Memory Footprint Differences?

What is the problem? I have 2 OctoPrints installed on 2 separate Raspberry Pi's, One a 3A+ and the other a 4B+. Running a Mid 2011 27" iMac running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 with 32GB RAM and Safari 13.1.2. Browser and OS are updated as far as they can be.

What did you already try to solve it? Restarted Mac, Restarted Browsers.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support) - Not sure what logs I can provide here

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

Router is a Netgear RAX15 with the Pis and the computer connected wirelessly

Ok, My Prusa MK3S is controlled by an Octoprint instance running on a Raspberry Pi 3A+ and is using ~ 400MB of RAM in its window. The Prusa Mini is being controlled by an Octoprint instance running on a Raspberry Pi 4B+ but has a memory footprint of over 1.3GB in its window.

Both Pi's are running the latest release, and are configured the same in terms of plugins.

Anything to look at to reduce the memory footprint?

Have they been open the same length of time? Running both in safe mode might be a good way to rule out any plugins. I know you said they're running the same, but they may have modified the system in different ways or have different settings.

Hi Charlie -

The 2 instances of Octoprint have been up approximately the same time. I closed and re-opened the browser window and the memory footprint started at about 500MB and then continued to grow. The Mini is printing a job for the next few hours and I will then try your suggestion to restart in safe mode and see if the same condition reoccurs.

Very high chance it's an issue with the webcam stream loading and filling up the memory and not releasing the previous images. That would require the control tab to be active, or the webcam being displayed in dashboard/UI Customizer widget, etc. Memory footprint will also grow based on the time of length you graph in the temperature tab, so it will grow for that length of time and in theory stabilize.