Web cam control

I am running on a Pi and would like to move the Pi camera using a python program I have. It uses the Adafruit servo hat and 2 servos for vertical and horizontal motion. Would it be possible to do this? Currently ftp access to Octoprint is denied. I could of course a second Pi to control movement, but it would be good not to have to do it.

I don't understand the need for ftp, for what it's worth.

Adafruit's adafruit-circuitpython-servokit Python library is only Python 3 compatible, btw.

If it were me, I think I'd add a Raspberry Zero W, put the webcam and controls on that one. I'd add a Python 3 virtual environment on this one and run the code there, per the Adafruit example code.

Next, I would use remote ssh without password between the primary OctoPi-imaged Raspberry Pi 3B and this second Raspi Zero to run the command script remotely.

Finally, I would tie all this together with new custom Control tab buttons which then connect to the local scripts which initiate the action remotely.

Thank you for your help. Have used an old Pi previously in this way but haven't used custom control tabs, so will try that.