Webcam Not Loading in OctoPi Console

Camera model
Logitech C270

What is the problem?
Webcam was working fine in OctoPi Console - I could go to the console tab and it showed straight away perfectly fine.
All default settings - only changed resolution to 1280x720 in the OctoPi file in NotePad++
However, upon logging off and logging back in again the Console tab would show 'Webcam Stream Loading' and never get there - just black screen with that text.
Upon rebooting the server, it would work again, until I logged off again!
Now, even a reboot does not fix it. Doesn't show up at all.

I can enter webcam settings and can see a snapshot fine - so it's definitely connected - just no stream.

However, I can go to http://octopi.local/webcam/?action=stream in a browser and I get a stream perfectly fine every time - proving the camera itself is working fine. It's just the console that doesn't want to show it!

What did you already try to solve it?
Reboot unit a few times. Checked OctoPi file etc for camera settings - other then resolution, everything is default.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
octoprint-logs.zip (240.5 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
Octo version: Octoprint 1.8.6
Octopi version 0.18.0
Rbpi v4B, model 8 GB
Completely default setup - only plugin installed is the Prusa Levelling Guide.

1 Like

Have been using Mac - have now tried on a Windows machine. I get the same 'Webcam Stream Loading' message on Windows too, but leave it for a while and it does work sometimes. Seems very random though.

The direct stream works fine irrespective of platform used - its just the Console tab in OctoPi itself that's the issue - very erratic......