Webcam window appears and cannot close

What is the problem?

When I plug in the HDMI monitor, a webcam window now appears. I cannot get to the GUI or the command prompt anymore. There is no CLOSE border on the window and I cannot resize it. How can I close this window or resize it so I can log in?

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried to remove the gui, but even the command prompt cannot be used effectively. The last thing it shows is "octoprint camera". I am not familiar with Unix so I am unsure how to kill this or change it from starting automatically.

When I updated my old raspberry pi octoprint, it now does the same thing... grrr..

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, browser error console ...)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ...)

I would guess that octoprint camera as a directive would tell OctoPrint to display the webcam output to the main monitor rather than anything else.

The standard start for OctoPrint is octoprint serve instead. It sounds like you might have changed something...?

Try a sudo cat /etc/init.d/octoprint | grep exec and see if that shows you the word "serve" somewhere toward the end like this:

--exec $DAEMON --chuid $OCTOPRINT_USER --user $OCTOPRINT_USER --umask $UMASK -- serve $DAEMON_ARGS