What happens if my Pi SD runs out before print is complete?

What is the problem?

It's a question.... I have timelapse set and have started a really long print and now I'm concerned that I might run out of space before the print is complete.

What did you already try to solve it?

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

OctoPrint 1.4.0
Raspberry Pi 3B+
Creality Ender 3 Pro

Well there are several options what you could do.
For more free space you could delete old gcode files and timelapses.
I don't think anything bad will happen when it runs out of space - but I'm not sure.

If you don't care about the current timelapse you could also delete the temp pictures from the timelapse temp folder every few layers.

Another possible way would be to disconnect the camera - the timelapse should stop if it can't fetch pictures - but this way is risky and I wouldn't try it in an important print

fantastic, I don't know why I hadn't considered that.

i'm not bothered about the timelapse so i'll just add a cron to clear it out.

I'd still like to know what does happen if anyone knows?

:insert South Park ski instructor advice:

Probably... Kernel Panic! at the Disco, I'd guess.

:smiley:
I never tested it

Ship it, I'm sure it's good.

Well my adhesion let go before the print was done so turned timelapse, re-levelled and going for round #2

thanks anyway!

Foam it.

looks like a pile of molten plastic just waiting to happen :rofl:

does it help?

Yes. I found that on my printer (no heated bed) large flat parts would always curl on one of the front two corners and never the back. So I deduced that temperature gradient was the cause. Boxing things in removes the temperature gradient and lowers the incidents of curling.

It also helps if the print volume area maintains a temperature around 90F. So I just let things warm up inside that space to this point.