Where do I find API Key

I got ready to print and now am stopped. It asked for a key. Duh.

I thank everyone for all the help so far and just want to see it work.

I answered in your other thread.

Please take the time to read through OctoPrint's documentation, your question is answered there: http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/api/general.html and while a lot of the documentaion is on the more technical side for people trying to develop plugins and such, it is still worth taking a look at. Just skip any of the development sections.

Unfortunately there doesn't yet exist a user manual specifically for OctoPrint's UI that doesn't also include the more technical aspects.

Thanks but I already did. It is not that I cannot find it it is down to my ignorance of Linux. I hate to admit it but I do not even know how to start doing simple thing such as changing my password.

Henry Staub

hkstaub@gmail.com

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. There's plenty of great tutorials on using linux, search youtube for some and watch a couple and find someone who teaches at a pace you can keep up with. You don't need to know how to use linux in order to find your API key though, it's in octoprint's settings dialog box, in the UI you'd access through your browser.

Also when you say "it asked for a key", what is "it"? OctoPrint won't ask you for an API key if you're using it through its own interface.

p.s. keep your API key safe, anyone with that key can pretty much do whatever they want to your octoprint instance, change the temperature, move it around, print stuff, etc. If anyone asks you to post your configuration file, make sure you remove sensitive info from it.

Hi I’ve recently change my router. I can see the ip address for my octopi and cura can see that there is an octoprint instance on my network.
I’ve tried copying in the api key when the octopi was attached to my previous router but it doesn’t function
Cura doesn’t seem to be offering an option to find an api key even though it can see there is an octopi in the environment

Apologies if I’ve missed a step and there is a simple fix I’m a newbie to this

Thanks in advance

Let's try to solve your issue in your other post :wink:

1 Like