Where do I start?

What is the problem? I want to install / setup raspberry pi to run octoprint on my Prusa Mk3s printer. Just ordered Pi 4 and currently looking for touch screen display. The major problem is I have zero experience with raspberry, octoprint and any of the skills required to successfully implement this configuration.

**What did you already try to solve it?**Searching for guides / tutorials... lots of searching. There is an abundance of information out there but I have no idea what comes first. Basically I'm looking for a "dummies" guide that references what steps, in order, are necessary to accomplish this.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!) Logs? What logs? Amazon delivers my components on Monday

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible) Stock Prusa Mk3s, Raspberry Pi 4 coming soon.... oh, and a power supply.

Hello @jpregione!

I would recommend to install OctoPi as first step and get it working with your MK3s.
On the download page there is a description hot to get the OctoPi image to the SD card and how to make the changes if you want to use WiFi.

The next step then is the touch screen. There are quite a different screens you can get, when you have one, you can search this forum for information.
Beforehand, you also can get information about the different screens, that may help you to choose the proper one for you.
Just click the magnifying glass on the right top of this screen an type in touchscreen.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.... not sure I even found that link in my searches. I appreciate the assistance.