Where should I ask about writing a recovery module for serial port?

What is the problem?

Some times the serial port between Octoprint and my AnyCubic fails mid print. Octoprint pops a message saying the serial port connection has failed. I am interested in writing a recovery module to try and reconnect the serial port, setting a number of retries etc. How can I get with the development community to see if this is feasible and possibly get help?
Thanks.

What did you already try to solve it?

No solution exists that I am aware of.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Unknown

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20221126235348.zip (982.7 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
OctoPrint Version 1.8.6
OctoPi version 0.18.0 Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

OctoPrint already attempts to recover when this happens by trying to get a response from the printer over serial. what would you be doing any differently? seems more like it would be better to find out why the printer stops communicating as expected.

1 Like

I was going to try and run the function behind the "Connect" button.
WRT finding the issue, I have read several items about this issue, including the one that recommended getting a power isolation UPS. It doesn't happen very often on my setup and this time I was able to slice the model and resume printing from there, then glue the two pieces together.
What I may do is install OctoApp on my phone and try reconnecting as soon as the error happens.
Thanks for letting me know OctoPrint already retries the connection.
Tom

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.