Will Python 3 upgrade likely work on this image or probably break?

I am using Octoprint and absolutely love it. Its really well done and I thank the team for the software. I need to upgrade to Python 3 at some stage. I am using Pi Image developed by someone else - the link to it is here:-

v1pi: Raspberry Pi Image with Octoprint and CNC.js (and wifi hotspot) - Software / Firmware - V1 Engineering Forum

I am just hoping someone here can tell me if I follow the upgrade process if this is likely to work of if it will probably break and I need to start with a new install. I would appreciate any thoughts.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have not tried it yet - i wanted to get some advice before i break something and waste a lot of time.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Did not try this

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20220310111556.zip (6.1 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

V1 Engineering MP3DP custom variant, Marlin, Raspberry Pi 4 , Pi Image as per the link above.

If you are using the 0.18 version of that it should be fine. Not sure if there are any plugins included or not pre-installed with that image to know if they are python 3 compatible or not.

FYI, Python3 upgrade worked fine on OctoPi 0.17, so might be ok on .18 as well.

Thanks - much appreciated. When I got time I will give it a go

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.