Windows Octoprint and Monoprice select mini V2 issues

Hello All,

A friend bought a monoprice select mini V2 printer and wanted to use octoprint from his computer. I went to help him but I only use raspberry pi's for all mine. I installed the windows version with no issues and got the server going. Went through the steps from the browser for octoprint. When we went to connect it connects right away but both temps show zero in octoprint. Now I know people are going to want to look at the terminal logs but I forgot to get them before I left. Just asking if anyone has seen this and might be able to help.

Thanks
Johnny

You might try the Terminal tab in OctoPrint and see what temperatures are being reported back from the printer controller board itself. Zero probably isn't the actual room temperature so it implies that OctoPrint can't read the kind of temperature values that the firmware is reporting. But yes, we'd need that actual information.

This is what I get back while trying to connect.

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial port"
Serial port list: [u'COM1', u'COM11']
Trying COM1
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial port" to "Error: Connection error, see Terminal tab"
Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: AUTO IspError: ''Failed to open serial port'' @ comm.py:_openSerial:2611 (hook default)
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial port"
Serial port list: [u'COM1', u'COM11']
Trying COM1
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial port" to "Error: Connection error, see Terminal tab"
Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: AUTO IspError: ''Timeout'' @ comm.py:_openSerial:2611 (hook default)

Perhaps someone else on here knows Windows installs better than I do. I've only done Raspberry Pi and macOS, myself.