[WIP] New print history plugin

Hi Big Chief
is it possible to have an official light version but functional at first?
Regards,
benoit

fantastic news about the imminent release, is there any chance the CSV-import can fetch the data from the old PrintHistory? (that would be too good to be true I guess) :slight_smile:

Yes, this is the goal.."on paper" everything is working, but I need more real testing.

Unfortunately I have a lot of "homework" todo, so no (less) time for OctoPrint development.

Hello Olli,

i installed the last Version of you awesome Script but got some Errors. So i can't see any of my printed Jobs in your History. I added the OP Log File. Maybe you can see the reason for my problems?
ErrorOP.zip (1.3 KB)

Best Regards and thank you for your great Job !

Hi @Daniel_K,

the last RC was not working with OP1.4. Thats the reason why you received the error-message.

Today I released a new RC release-notes which is working with OP1.3/1.4 and Python2/3

Unfortunately it is still not the final version 1.0.0, because my CSV-Importer test is not finalized..because I have no time to test.
During 'Corona' my daily work-time increased a lot and I have no time for private programming.

BR
Olli

I'll help testing. I need a new print history plugin to test my plugins, so there is some synergy going on :slight_smile:

@OllisGit thank you ! I tested your last Version. It now works (with some little Bugs maybe) but it doenst count. I'm happy right now ! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
THANKS a lot... !

Hi
Need help.
When I upload a snapshot and see that " Snapshot Uploaded " has been done correctly, why doesn't the uploaded image appear in the box just above?
IS the path where these uploaded images change so I can easily access them myself?
Want to insert a picture I have lying myself!

Duplicated: Print Job History plugin - Image

Some Advertisement: PrintJobHistory-Plugin is now listed in the official Repository.

With the latest release you can also store your slicer-settings for that printjob.
Latest release: https://github.com/OllisGit/OctoPrint-PrintJobHistory/releases

1 Like

Good idea!

However my 2ct:

Have you planned to import the database of the old FilamentManager? (never mind, I have found this to be a duplicate :frowning: )

Do you have access to the initial estimated print time? It would be interesting to see a history of the accuracy.

Do you know if there is a way for Cura to put those settings in the file?

Hi @simpat1zq,
I wrote a wiki-page how to enable cura to assign slicer-settings to gcode (page is also mentioned in release-note): https://github.com/OllisGit/OctoPrint-PrintJobHistory/wiki/Slicer-Settings

Hi @jandar,

I thought a simple csv-importer feature is enough.....but a couple of users ask for a "out-of-the-box" solution.
So, it is in the next release (implementation is done, some tests needed).

If you can't wait, you can take a look at the troubleshooting page: https://github.com/OllisGit/OctoPrint-PrintJobHistory/wiki/Troubleshooting#import-of-printhistory-data

User @mku wrote a shell script for exporting all PrintHistory-Data in CSV PJH-Format.

Hi @OllisGit,

no importer for me necessary, I had installed a history-pluging shortly before I had seen your topic about OctoPrint-PrintJobHistory. It was already your plugin :sunglasses: :bangbang:

Hi @OllisGit, just installed your plugin, it's absolutely superb. And I looked at the roadmap (not in detail) which looks really encouraging too. Just donated. Keep up the excellent work. I have been logging all my prints until now using OneNote, making my own notes, so I was even more happy to see an import function - I just have to convert columns to a CSV and import. Thanks!

There is one thing missing for me: canceled jobs are not recorded in the history.

Although I had some canceled jobs, none of those are recorded as failed ones.

Hi @jandar,
go to the plugin-settings and change it to "always". The default value is "only on successful prints".

facepalm obviously one of my two braincells wasn't working.

Thanks