Workaround for connection timeout?

I’ve had a couple instances where I’ve run out of filament overnight and have been unable to resume with a fresh spool because the Octoprint/printer connection has timed out (multiple attempts to reconnect). The Prusa is ready and willing to finish the job, but reconnecting with the printer clears the current job. Is there a procedure to follow to get the job to resume, or a workaround to keep octoprint from failing?

What did you already try to solve it?
Have only tried reestablishing connection, which it does, but the current job is cleared.

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint v1.3.9
Pi 3B+
OctoPi v0.15.1
TouchUI v0.3.12
Prusa i3 MK3 v3.4.0
(OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

1 Like

Hi @ainuke!

Could you provide the very informative log files (octoprint.log & serial.log)?

I've restarted the print, which will likely run for the next 12 hours. I'll see if I can SSH into it and retrieve the logs.

Thanks for the response!

Okay, I've located the octoprint.log file. Serial.log logging was not checked, so I'm not seeing an entry for that, but I've enabled it in case this happens again.

octoprint.log (15.2 KB)

It appears that there's a new firmware update for Prusa that just came out a couple days ago that resolves some issues with the filament sensor, but that may not be my issue.

Let me know if I've uploaded the .log file wrongly. Some support sites get cranky if you cut/paste the text into the post, but if that's what you want me to do I will.

Thanks again for your help!