Working Wifi setup has stopped working

What is the problem?
I had a FULLY WORKING WiFi setup - no problems
I powered up my printer - I was able to connect to the web browser and control it
I prepped a gcode file in Cura, uploaded it, it appeared in the file list
I preheated the bed and did an autolevel - everything fine
I then went to start the print via the browser but the connection had dropped
The connection was re-established
I used PuTTY to SSH in and it warned (reminded) me I had not changed the default password
I used sudo raspi-config to set a unique password
I rebooted using reboot command - SSH session closed as normal
Pi rebooted but now no WiFi connection, no ping, device not listed in Wifi router

What did you already try to solve it?
connected HDMI lead and keyboard to pi
had to manually power cycle to allow display to pick up (whoever thought of that one grrr.....)
Pi boots, all green OK
Gets to end of boot and debug has a blank list for IP addresses to connect to Octoprint
checked the....supplicant.txt file - my config for SSID and PW and country code is intact
used iwlist command and verified the pi could still see my SSID - it can
used ifconfig to verify the Pi has NOT picked up an IP address
tried using raspi-config to re-enter SSID, PW and country

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
Latest OctoPi, latest OctoPrint patched as per the recommended updates on the web interface
I have no reason to believe that any change of software has anything to do with this - I have been running for several weeks without problems

I believe that the issue may have been with changing the password and using raspi-config

I have found mention on the forum that this has caused problems

I am NOT linux savvy so I have GREAT DIFFICULTY in understanding "assumed linux advice" - consideration of that with answers/advice would be most helpful and appreciated

Hi @Havenview!

You may have a look here. There is a lot of helpful information.

I'm afraid that doesn't help
That thread is for people ESTABLISHING the connection to WiFi from a blank setup

I did clearly state , right at the top of the post, that I HAD a fully working WiFi setup

Something has caused a problem on a perfectly working and configured install that shows NO signs of problems as listed in that help document

Quote:
"checked the....supplicant.txt file - my config for SSID and PW and country code is intact
used iwlist command and verified the pi could still see my SSID - it can
used ifconfig to verify the Pi has NOT picked up an IP address"

I would specifically welcome help from someone with direct experience in how the wifi is established in an OctoPi setup because the basic config as per listed in the help is right but I do not have a WiFi connection

1 Like

Update:
After checking and double checking and triple checking my methods, the rPi, the SDcard, the config the eventual cure was a power cycle for my WiFi access point. Part of my checks was other devices connected to the WiFi and ALL of them worked A1 - there was NO indication that this was the sticking point

I remembered reading in one post about broadcom driver issues for the Pi, in particular with Samsung mobile phones and I wonder if I have a similar issue here. I have tried to look back but I can't for the life of me find the forum chain that discusses this. I think the last status was waiting on feedback from Broadcom