Yet another pi camera problem

Camera model
Raspberry Pi Cam
What is the problem?
I am not getting the streaming to work at all.
What did you already try to solve it?
I have done the basic troubleshooting tips and am not having much luck.
Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
pi@octopi : ~ $ lsusb

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1eaf:0004

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

pi@octopi : ~ $ /var/log/webcamd.log

-bash: /var/log/webcamd.log: No such file or directory

pi@octopi : ~ $ syslog

-bash: syslog: command not found

pi@octopi : **~ $

*Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)

I upgraded to the latest version after I downloaded the standard OctoPi version running on my Raspberry Pi 4

any suggestions or tips would be fantastic.

Seems no one has bothered to answer your plea for help!

I had same issue, i bought a new Raspicam the NOIR version and it just worked!!

Not sure if this will help you, but at least i replied. :wink:

Or alternately did know the answer.

I am assuming you meant did 'NOT' know the answer? in your reply, to which i would retort neither did i but offered to help none-the-less!!!!

There are loads of highly knowledgeable people on here, who have in the past answered this exact same question, but along with Firewall03 and myself who both put this question in with Nadder replies.

I am guessing they are so miffed at trying to answer this issue, which it does seem a popular problem, the 'My Camera won't work' questions are just passed over.

Like i said, i got a new raspicam and tried that and got an instant success, so i though Firewall03 might want to try this.

I am a Newbie to this forum, but a forum is a forum whether it be a PC Game forum, Car Forum or a 3D print forum, I will always try to help, or have the curiosity to reply if i have ANY sort of info which has helped me in the past.

You appear to have a whole conspiracy theory going on there, so I'll quietly back away.

Yep, and the earth is flat, Americans have never been to the Moon, FBI shot Kennedy, and Trump is great.

I was in the same boat and have been watching your thread hoping someone had some useful insight. I have the same camera on a Raspberry Pi 3b+. I reformatted the microSD and flashed the same Octopi image to it again, did the setup wizard again then connected it to my printer then turned everything on. BAM. The camera started working. It's not much but I hope this helps.

I gave up, seems like the thread got hijacked.