1.4.2 Update missing sliders

What is the problem?

I just upgraded to 1.4.2 and the feedrate and flowrate sliders aren't there any more.

What did you already try to solve it?

looked for settings, didn't find any.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Hello @D_Hawk!

This not a bug, this is a feature. See this thread:

I still prefer the sliders over the buttons. (faster)
Even without the value remaining in the box.
Maybe bring back the sliders and value, but change the button to Last Value Set?
Thanks, I found the info about the value, but didn't see anything about the slider.

1 Like

As @foosel said:

wonder how my octopod app does have sliders for these two rate settings?, and they show the set rate.

And if you go and change the values on the printer itself, the sliders in OctoPod will not update. It will just be saving the last value you set.

Hmm thats indeed not perfect. But when there is no good syncing of the set feedrate in Octopod and the set feedrate Octoprint, why did Octoprint choose to not use those Octopod style slider? They at least show more info than the current solution. Or is there a plugin available that does it?

Edit: sorry. Had to scroll up to understand why its done.