Bed Level Visualizer

Check the wiki here for examples. I would make the assumption that it's going to be the Marlin one.

1 Like

Ah perfect, working now! Missed this documentation

hey all, I had my octopi working for a little and found something on the visualizer. I installed it on my pi but it continues to load and say "please wait,retrieving current mesh" it stays on here until it times out. any help is much appreciated! im printing on a tevo tornado

Would be a little helpful to get some details, ie what is your firmware and version you are running on your Tornado, if it supports auto bed leveling and mesh reporting, what you have configured for the gcode script, etc. You can't really just ask to help you fix it without knowing what you have done so far and your personal printer's environment.

Sorry, little backstory: I set up an octopi about a year ago on my RPI 2 with a WiFi dongle and had all of this and more working on it. I’m using a BL touch on my tornado with the marlin firmware(I can’t remember what version exactly I’ll check and get back to you) I recently upgraded to a RPI 3b and a new micro SD claiming faster speeds and decided to get the newest version of Octopi on it. So in short I’ve had the bed visualizer working on this printer but with a different PI. My thinking is that this could be an issue with my settings my g code script is “g28 g29T” all my other settings are the stock ones.
Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: so i woke up this morning and deciding to connect the octopi to my 2.4mhz wifi network rather than my 5mhz network ran the bed visualizer and it worked... dont know what caused this but its working now!

I have the same problem as "Patrick_Friedl", I have a geeetech A30T.
I have nothing displayed, just "Please wait, retrieving current mesh."

Send: G28
Recv: Servo 0: self-checking...
Recv: Servo 0: self-checking is completed
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 15.00
Recv: Hit endstop Z: -1.41
Recv: Hit endstop Z: -1.36
Recv: Llit x: 160.000000 y: 160.000000 z: -1.357500
Recv: ok
Send: M155 S30
Send: G29 T
Recv: position before G29 x: 198.199997 y: 160.000000 z: 1.750000
Recv: raise extruder Z0: 15.000000
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.64
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.59
Recv: Llit x: 60.000000 y: 60.000000 z: 1.590000
Recv: raise extruder Z1: 11.590000
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.59
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.77
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.70
Recv: Llit x: 165.000000 y: 60.000000 z: 1.697500
Recv: raise extruder Z2: 11.697500
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.70
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.68
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.70
Recv: Llit x: 270.000000 y: 60.000000 z: 1.677500
Recv: raise extruder Z3: 11.677500
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.68
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.71
Recv: Llit x: 270.000000 y: 171.000000 z: 1.680000
Recv: raise extruder Z4: 11.680000
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.79
Recv: Llit x: 165.000000 y: 171.000000 z: 1.790000
Recv: raise extruder Z5: 11.790000
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.79
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.79
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.65
Recv: Llit x: 60.000000 y: 171.000000 z: 1.650000
Recv: raise extruder Z6: 11.650000
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.65
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.67
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.65
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.59
Recv: Llit x: 60.000000 y: 282.000000 z: 1.590000
Recv: raise extruder Z7: 11.590000
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.67
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 1.66
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 1.77
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.78
Recv: Llit x: 165.000000 y: 282.000000 z: 1.775000
Recv: raise extruder Z8: 11.775000
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.77
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.61
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 11.77
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.73
Recv: we last said to move to Z: 1.72
Recv: Hit endstop Z: 1.72
Recv: Llit x: 270.000000 y: 282.000000 z: 1.712500
Recv: Eqn coefficients: a: 0.000381 b: 0.000169 d: 1.592980
Recv: planeNormal x: -0.000381 y: -0.000169 z: 1.000000
Send: M155 S3

This is not a familiar output that my plugin can interpret. Do you know what the firmware is and what its options are for reporting on the interpreted mesh?

I take that back. This is a known issue because your firmware is using translated text in the return values. Llit should read Bed instead.

I am a novice, but I believe that on the GEEETECH A30T it is a smartto

Just wanted to say thanks to @jneilliii. First plugin, works great. I was surprised at the bow in my glass bed and how much it changed when heated. I’m now getting my bed to temp before ABL runs and it makes a difference.

Thanks @manac I try.

Thanks for this very handy tool, especially for a beginner like me but I think I am missing something.
In the plugin settings my gcode is set to
G28
G29
And clicking Update Mesh Now works perfectly.
In all my prints I also have the same gcode to home and run bed-leveling but the visualizer doesn't show an updated mesh or at least I don't think it does. It still shows the date and time from the last manual update.
Is it supposed to updated before every print and I am missing a setting somewhere?

Again thanks for this plugin and if thats the way it works not a problem I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Check this page for known working examples.

I was just missing

@BEDLEVELVISUALIZER

I just got my best first layer because of this. Thanks very much.

1 Like

I am trying to install this on an Ender 3 with Mesh Bed Levelling enabled (no sensor yet).

However when I press install it just restarts Octoprint in safe mode.

2020-05-27 23:33:48,000 - octoprint.plugins.pluginmanager - INFO - Installing plugin from https://github.com/jneilliii/OctoPrint-BedLevelVisualizer/archive/master.zip
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 2020-05-27 23:34:26,945 - octoprint.startup - INFO - ******************************************************************************
2020-05-27 23:34:26,946 - octoprint.startup - INFO - Starting OctoPrint 1.4.0

Is there a way to set a border within the plugin? Due to the offset of the BL Touch and the Nozzle, I have a 40mm border set in Marlin.

So point 1 of my 9 point mesh is not 0,0 as the plug-in shows, it's actually 40,40.
Is there a setting to change that?

Currently there is not an option for that.

Hey everyone I am very new to the forum so if this is not the spot for me to ask a question feels free to let me know.

The question I have is I'm currently running a BL touch with TH3D unified firmware on a CR-10 (The old one) after I have installed and run this program it makes this really neat graph like its supposed, do I need to do anything from here? or does the software change the Z height to compensate? or do I have to stick something into my sliced file (G29; ABL is already there) Thanks in advance

The plugin does not do any form of compensation, it just helps you visualize the "levelness" of your bed. The TH3D firmware itself would handle the compensation part, but if you see that your bed has a huge variance from one side to another (tilted) then you would want to make adjustments to the bed to get that as close to "level" as possible and you'll get the best results out of your BLTouch and auto bed leveling.