Cancel print totally disconnects printer

Using the latest octopi, when I cancel a print, it totally shuts down my marlin 2 board and I have to go press the reset button on the printer board to start it up again.

When I had pi os 64bit installed with octoprint, I cancel the print and I can continue to use printer without pressing the reset button.

Any reason why octopi completely shuts off my marlin 2 board.

MKS sgenl v1 with marlin 2.1.2.1.

Exact same version of octoprint on both OS.

Pi is formum sat the problem is octoprint even though it works fine cancelling a print using pi OS 64 bit.

Problem only there with octopi boot image from raspberry imager tool.

Hello @Jason_Logan !

This is a thing for the Get Help, not the General sub-forum. (I'll move it for you.)

Please provide the following information:

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, .... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

As well what you have within the gcode-scripts of OctoPrint.

Please always use actual version numbers.

As above.

Hi. Thank you.

What I did to solve it was install Pi OS64 bit and latest octoprint and it works fine. Cancels print and I can carry on.

Install octopi again, and the problem is back immediately.

Using the exact same octoprint backup and restore file for ally plugging etc so I know the octoprint system as far as I'm aware is identical.

@Jason_Logan, We are not omnipotent and your "latest" may not be the same as our "latest". Please use actual version numbers, URL links, etc. so we know EXACTLY what versions of the OS and OctoPrint you are using.

The more detail you give us, the better help we can give you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.