What is the problem?
Can't run 3D prints over the Octobprint web interface on Ultimaker 2+, no extrusion and build plate doesn't rise up, just "prints" in mid-air. Works fine using an SD card directly put into the pritner. Using Cura 4.3 to slice and produce the .gcode file. Running on Octoprint 1.2.10 version.
What did you already try to solve it?
Nothing apart from restarting the printer, didn't solve the problem.
Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
.log file attachedoctoprint.log (9.2 KB)
Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)
Connecting from a Widows PC using the OctoPrint web interface and Cura 4.3 as the slicer to produce the .gcode file to an Ultimaker 2+ printer on the same network
How do I update the printer? And what do you mean? When I save the file in Cura it's just .gcode as the file extension? What's the "reprap" flavour? What about the issue with the buildplate not rising up?
I didn't say to update the printer, I said to update OctoPrint.
Though you probably also want to update the whole OctoPi image because if it came with 1.2.10 it's also 3 years old and hence outdated with ancient software versions.
Ultimaker decided to introduce their own flavor. It has gcode as extension but it lacks important bits, like proper homing, temperature commands and such. When run from the printer's SD card, the printer takes care of that stuff. When run via USB it doesn't. Hence you need to tell Cura to put that stuff back into your gcode files. In Cura: "Settings -> Printer -> Manage Printers... -> Machine Settings" (or something like that), switch back to Marlin or Reprap (I'm not sure what it's called these days).