Can't update to 1.6.1 for an Exception error

What is the problem?

In short: I can't update to Octoprint 1.6.1

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried uninstalling any thrid party plugins, and running safe mode, but to no avail...

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No :frowning:

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-logs.zip (1.4 MB)

Additional information about your setup

When I try to update, I get the following error message:

The update did not finish successfully. Please consult octoprint.log and plugin_softwareupdate_console.log` for details.

and the follwing red text in the dialogue:

Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py", line 176, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py", line 346, in run
session=session, autobuilding=True
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/wheel.py", line 886, in build
assert have_directory_for_build
AssertionError

The printer then restarts, and all works well, but updating always fails :frowning:

This is your issue:

However, you are still running Python 2 for your install. You won't have seen the warnings introduced by 1.7.x, but OctoPrint 1.8.0 will drop support for Python 2 and you need to update it. So you could ignore fixing the update issue, because it will be included in upgrading your install.

Thx for you reply :slight_smile:

And yes, this seems to be it... But as I'm not very versed, what do you mean by:

"So you could ignore fixing the update issue, because it will be included in upgrading your install."?

Should I just "live with it" until the next update hits (so it will "resolve itself") or will I need to do a fresh install/update it some how later on?

Thx ^^

No. Follow the instructions for upgrading to Python 3, and that will include resolving any issues with regular updates.

Thank you., will do :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.