Changing Wifi Doesn't Work - It Eventually Reverts Back To Old Wifi Credentials

What is the problem?

I recently set up a new wifi access point with a new SSID name and password. I followed the instructions in the tutorial here to change it to the new one:

Basically, it has you put the SD card in your computer, edit the file "octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt", and type in the new SSID and password.

This worked great for a couple of days, but I just now noticed that it somehow changed back to the previous wifi credentials all on its own. So it seems the tutorial is bad, or is missing some steps?

What is the correct way to change wifi credentials and not have them randomly change back?

If I'm understanding correctly, this is very strange. So if you look in the octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt file now it still has the old credentials? Or the new ones?

Make sure the SD card isn't dying.

If you actually changed the credentials in the file and save it, there is no way it can revert back to the old credentials unless you edit it again and change them back.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.