Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin

It is in the Marketplace. A new version was published yesterday (3.5.16).

Perhaps the connection to the Marketplace is misbehaving for you. You can download a copy of the plugin directly to install it manually by dropping that file onto the buildplate in Cura as if you were opening a 3d model.

1 Like

Just wanted to thank you for adding multicam support. Really helpful for me. Great work on a great plugin that's made my life much easier.

1 Like

@varazir, can you check if the plugin is available in the Marketplace if you log out of your Ultimaker account in Cura? Could you DM me your Ultimaker account username or email address, so I can have the Ultimaker Marketplace team investigate?

It's installed now (manually) and I can see it in the marketplace as installed. I'll check later.

Hi there! I have the same problem installing the plugin from the ultimaker marketplace

i will be installing manually

If you log out of your Ultimaker account, you should be able to see the plugin, both in the Marketplace website and in Cura.

Ultimaker is working on an "Enterprise" version of Cura, that can only install externally vetted plugins. The OctoPrint plugin is not available for users of the "Enterprise" version of Cura. Apparently, even though the Enterprise version is not officially out, some users are unintentionally marked as Enterprise users and for them some plugins are hidden. Yes, they expect users to pay for having access to less functionality.

Could you let me know your Ultimaker account name (or dm me the email address you use for it)? Then I'll have the responisble engineers check out why you have an "Enterprise" account.

1 Like

i created the Ultimaker account yesterday, and i didnt specify any enterprise account. I think they put new accounts by default on that enterprise level. I will dm you my mail, anyway, thank you for providing us the curapackage, that worked for me. Probably be better if you can upload to the releases section of the girhub page. Thank you for your awesome work!

This platform say that i cant send you a private message

Hi @fieldOfView - I also needed to install manually. Not sure if I have an enterprise account; any idea on how to switch? My username is Capgun42

Quick Question @fieldOfView, when your cura plugin does the file upload to octoprint does it flag the select and print options of the REST API call to true or do you manually handle the start event?

Quick answer @jneilliii, the plugin uses the select and print "flags" of the REST API, unless the PrintTimeGenius or UFP plugins are detected, in which case it manually handles the start event.

Perfect, thanks. Was just wondering relative to a request on the TPLink plugin, which appears is a non-issue now because of your integrations, thanks again for that.

Hello I just updated my Cura today to 4.7.0 now I am having trouble with the plugin.

I have 2 Creality Ender 3 printers. I have one instance of the printer and then when I click on connect Octoprint I have the check box for automatically discover local octoprint instances.

I see both of my printers version 1.4.2.

In the past I had no issue I could switch between printers and each remembered its own API key.

Now I am having an issue where they both want to keep the same API key and this only works for one of the two printers at a time.

For example I select printer 1 and I select request API key it does and then I connect and it works. Issue is this same API key get saved under printer 2 as well and of course does not work when I want to switch to printer 2 since it is the wrong key. So now with printer 2 selected I again request the API key I get it save it and it works. Again now this API key is also saved for printer 1 overwriting the correct API key for printer 1.

Then the process repeats if I want to connect to printer 1 I have to again request the API I will save it and again it now overwrites printer 2's API key with the one from printer 2.

I have even tried to enter each manually and save it manually same result. There seem to be no way now of having the correct API key saved for more than one printer instance at a time.

This was not a problem before the upgrade.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi, I have 2 Pis running Octoprint. Can I connect 1 instance of cura to both Pi's?

Yes, that is exactly what @007Bond is describing in the post just before yours, but is saying it might be broken in Cura 4.7.

I am in the process of fixing issues with multiple instances of OctoPrint. The current version of the plugin confuses the API keys of different instances when you click through them in the Connect to OctoPrint dialog. I'll have a development snapshot that fixes this today or tomorrow.

Edit: see https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-OctoPrintPlugin/issues/188

Will this fix the duplicate print jobs error messages I am getting with cura since the latest octoprint update, or is that a setting that changed since the last octoprint update?

No and yes. That message is a different bug, but I have already fixed that for the same release.

See https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-OctoPrintPlugin/issues/187

1 Like

Thank you, I have been dealing with it since the release and figured it was being worked on, but finally bugged me enough to find out!

As a general rule of thumb: don't expect issues to get fixed if you don't report them.

I generally don't release things that I know are not working properly, so always think that everything works great for me and I am totally unaware of your issue. If something does turn out to be a known issue, I'll happily refer you to where it has been reported before.

1 Like