Does theFix CBD Firmware plug-in change printer firmware

<!-- ~~~~~ Filling this out properly makes it WAY more likely to get help quickly ~~~~~ I am new here and have a question about the Fix CBD Firmware. I just wanted to know if the plugin changes anything on the printer itself , or does it simply change the way Octoprint talks to the printer? This may be a dumb question, but I just got a Tronxy X5SA Pro printer and do not want to change the original firmware just yet. ### What did you already try to solve it? I installed Octoprint on my pc and verified the firmware error "ok CBD make it" ### Complete Logs `octoprint.log`, `serial.log` or output on terminal tab *at a minimum*, browser error console if UI issue ... **no logs, no support!** Not log excerpts, *complete* logs.) WRITE HERE ### Additional information about your setup OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... **as much data as possible** WRITE HERE

Just the way OctoPrint talks to it. See also the FAQ entry

These printer vendors are incredibly annoying when it comes to messing up established firmware protocol, and to be honest I would upgrade the firmware as soon as you can - there's usually a whole number of bugs with it.

1 Like