Ender 3 Pro octopi and pi cam v2.1 Help

Hello,
My system I am working with is Raspberry Pi 3b. I have the Raspberry Pi cam V2.1 for some reason Octopi which is octopi 17.0 buster lite will not detect the camera. I have tried a few things but i am a complete newbie. I tried different ribbon cables as well as to make sure the cables were in the correct position. I also made sure that in sudo-raspi config I have enabled camera and 12c. Also I have tried in Octoprint to switching from 16:9 to 4:3 still nothing. When I type command raspistill -o image.jpg I receive mmal: Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647
mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1:ENOMEM)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1)
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

and when I try command vcgencmd get_camera i get
supported=1 detected=0
any help guys id really appreciate it getting to the point of pulling my hair out with this thanks in advance

just like your reddit posts, it's really difficult to parse your writing without punctuation.

are you going to help or just criticize my writing this isn't high school

The Raspberry Pi v2.1 camera—connected correctly—should work out-of-the-box without any adjustments whatsoever to an OctoPi-imaged installation of OctoPrint on a Raspberry Pi 3B, for example.

• People suggest that there should be an LED on this thing but I'm not seeing one on my own and I know that it's on.
  • Visit the URL http://octopi.local:8080/?action=stream to see if you get anything from this.
  • On the board itself, you should just see the silver connections of the ribbon cable if you can also see the lens of the board (with respect to orientation). Another way of thinking about this is that the blue part of the ribbon cable goes on the same side as the black plastic which is the lock on the connector.

If you want help you should also put in a little bit of effort into your request for help. That includes details on your setup, logs, and a minimum amount of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling - in short, respect for the time of the people trying to help you.

Your attitude on display there? Really the wrong approach to get help. Would you want to help someone barging through your front door and screaming gibberish at you? This is written communication, so put in a bit of care into how you write. Your initial post is a nightmare to parse.

1 Like

see my thing is i'm trying to get help not help on my grammar but anyways enough about that im a newbie to raspberry pi so how do i get these so called logs my friend

right now i just grabbed a new version of octopi buster lite 0.17.0 gonna try a fresh install and go from there im installing on my raspberry pi3 b

The issue is grammar. By refusing to make even an attempt at civility through your writing, you show disrespect for people you want to give you free help.

do you got anything to offer? or just chatting about my grammar.

thanks for your reply yes i tried and no I do not have a LED on mine I tried visting the url nothing, server not found and the cables oriented how you said

i fixed my writing hopefully better just extremely frustrating at this point..

Seriously, though, the OctoPi IMG file you flashed...

• includes the attribute in your /boot/config.txt which will bring in the kernal support for the webcam, you don't need to visit raspi-config in other words
  • includes a service handler for mjpg_streamer which binds it to port 8080
  • includes a service handler for octoprint which binds it to port 5000
  • includes a service handler for haproxy which routes port 80 to 5000

If you flashed OctoPi 0.17.0 to a Raspberry Pi 3B, it's properly powered with a 5V @ 2.5A power adapter and the ribbon cable is connected to the webcam connector (rather than the video connector) then this should return something useful if you visit http://octopi.local:8080/ .

hello i get server not found if you'd like i cant take a picture of the ribbon cable blue sides facing Ethernet cable connectors facing led lights at the back of the raspberry pi board on the camera the cables are connected blue to the back of camera connectors to the front where the lens is and i am powering the board with the power adapter which is 5.1vs @ 2.5A which came with the kit

this is how there orientated hope this helps

• Correctly-oriented on both ends
  • Correct connector chosen on the Pi itself
  • Proper power adapter

If you removed that little clear/green tab over the webcam lens you may find that when you eventually get this working that the image will be red-shifted. You might also have a square blue filter in the camera's box. Using that plus the green filter makes for a more unshifted image with respect to color.

Next, I think I would find out the IP address of the Pi and then swap this out for the hostname version of that URL. It might be something like http://192.168.0.14:8080/ .

so basically ssh into the pi use command sudo raspi-config and change out the hostname url ?

Nope. Visit your router, determine the IP address that was issued to the Pi. Use this new information on your workstation when attempting to pull the webcam feed.

sorry if im asking to many questions........ok your talking the ip address i type to go into octoprint correct and if yes where do u want me to put said information and where should i change it in octoprint im so sorry im really new to all of this

if you could just give me a little more concise of where i should change it an what not please im loosing hair lol

On my network I have a Netgear brand of network router. It provides wifi zones, a DHCP service for issuing new IP addresses and such. My Netgear router documentation tells me how to log into this using my browser.

Having logged into my Netgear router, I then have options like seeing what IP addresses are issued to computers using wifi on my network. I see that one of them in my case is called octopi and for me it might have an IP address issued this time of 10.10.10.200. So for me, if I wanted to see the webcam from my MacBook I might try to visit http://10.10.10.200:8080/ as a URL. This would be the same for me as http://octopi.local:8080/ . I might do this if I guess that my MacBook can't turn octopi.local into that IP address. In other words, my MacBook might not be doing the DNS lookup correctly. Or maybe it doesn't have the Bonjour service loaded. Regardless, me using the IP address just works around a potential problem like that.