Ender 3 Pro octopi and pi cam v2.1 Help

ok so i know where mine is an what it is i tried to access it like in my web browser an nothing

"ok so i know where mine is..."

"I found the router's administration web screen,"

"...an what it is..."

"...I found the IP address but I've decided not to say what it is..."

"...i tried to access it like in my web browser..."

"I entered something unknown in my web browser since I haven't decided to share that with you..."

"...an nothing"

"...and something unexpected happened."

This is kind of what the other people were talking about earlier. We can't see what you can see. We can't see what responses things say. We can't see what your browser is telling you.

Here, I was hoping that you might instead reply with something more like:

Thanks. I figured out how to log into my network router. It indicated that the IP address was 192.168.0.24. So in my Internet Explorer v9.0 web browser I tried to go to http://192.168.0.24:8080/ . Unfortunately, my browser then gave me a 404 error.

An answer like that would have told me what browser you're trying to use. It would confirm that you understood my earlier instructions and that you interpreted them correctly. It would have also told me that you were trying an IPv4 style of old-school IP address. It's actually possible that you were trying one of those somewhat-ugly/new IPv6 sort of IP addresses. And then I'd have suggested that in this case you'd need to surround that with square brackets.

But of course here we are. I'm guessing too much.

ok mine is 10.0.0.168 and tried to go in my web browserhttp://10.0.0.168:8080 and received unable to connect also im using mozilla 75.0

sorry if i am saying stuff wrong or doing stuff wrong im really new to all this pi stuff

Hmm. Now we're getting somewhere.

Many people who believe that they're experts in networking will disagree with me on this one. But I've been doing this since about seven days after the original IBM PC came out. I assert that I know what I'm talking about.

If your 10.0.0.0 network range has a netmask of 255.255.255.0 (or "/24") then your network, in my humble opinion/experience, is incorrectly setup. I've actually argued with people who install Internet over this one.

• The 10.0.0.x part of that isn't a valid range
  • The 10.0.254.x part of that for the same reason isn't a valid range

As you can see from my own network I've jumped ahead and have issued 10.10.10.x as the first network address.

So it's possible that a lot of your difficulty could be from a mis-configured IP range in your router.

mine was installed by shaw in canada so who knows

This happens ALL the time.

Look how many times I've talked about this here.

so what can i do?

At this point, I think we've spent a fair amount of time on this.

You probably don't want to hear that I'm going to suggest that you get to either reconfigure your router or have your ISP do that.

You'd first need to confirm the netmask, though.

This is me on my macOS terminal doing an ifconfig:

en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	ether 1c:36:bb:18:19:7e 
	inet6 fe80::437:f443:c880:ff99%en0 prefixlen 64 secured scopeid 0x5 
	inet 10.20.30.240 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.20.30.255
	inet6 2601:648:8701:18c0:cce:311d:84d:84ac prefixlen 64 autoconf secured 
	inet6 2601:648:8701:18c0:fc8e:c986:280c:bb17 prefixlen 64 autoconf temporary 
	nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>
	media: autoselect

My netmask for my en0 (first connection) is 0xffffff00. That's the same as 255.255.255.0 or "/24". If yours is the same netmask and you're trying to use 10.0.0.0 as the network range then you're going to have a hard time.

If instead your netmask is 0xff000000 then it should be okay.

when i check on my pc my sub net is 255.255.255.0

So is that then good or bad (based upon what I just said)?

not good but are u sure this is whats doing it

I'm sure that it's part of your problem.

Here is a page which talks about the 10.0.0.0 "CIDR". That "/8" part means that this is a Class A network. Note that the netmask is supposed to be 255.0.0.0 and not 255.255.255.0 .

I will say, though, that I routinely use 10.0.0.0 and carve it up using a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. But I intimately know what I'm doing.

At this point, I would suggest that you read some of what I've written about this phenomenon. I have done a fair bit of teaching you and others here. But now, you need to learn about stuff like this. Decide if it's worth the hassle to fix it. It's not going to be easy. You might decide simply not to.

ya dont think im smart enough to do that an i dont think shaw would even know what im talking about

see thing is tho it seems alot of people are having the same issue with the pi cam v2.1 an connecting ive tried all there things they say to try

You might try plugging the Pi into your Ethernet network with a cable.

Lol u know I was thinking the exact same thing I got a web cam working but not this stupid pi cam

I'd say, go with the one that works. :shrugs:

I had this same issue and messed with it for the longest. Finally had to use Octoprint through Raspbian. There is a post on here walks through it. Total pain in the ass but it works. I have the Ender 3 Pro and a Pi 4. I thought it was the camera. I tried two different pi cams and three different cables to no avail. Good luck.