Ender 3 stuck cancelling and printing


#1

What is the problem?
I connected my pi via usb to my ender 3. I begin printing an object and it runs the strip up the side and back down then just stops. Octoprint says its stabilizing, but it never moves. Also when it gets stuck and I try to cancel it, it stays cancelled unless I reboot. This is my first time using Octoprint, unfortunately I did not try it before I updated it to the latest firmware.

What did you already try to solve it?
I verified I am on the latest firmware and checked github and this issue should have been resolved last year sometime.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
Ender 3
Pi Octoprint via usb


#2

#3

It's just working now. Nothing changed.


#4

My guess is that fairies are to blame for this. But you could disprove my theory by providing the logs.


#5

Hi, i have the same problèm but i not solve it:

What is the problem?
I connected my pi via usb to my ender 3. I begin printing an object and it runs the strip up the side and back down then just stops. Octoprint says its stabilizing, but it never moves. Also when it gets stuck and I try to cancel it, it stays cancelled unless I reboot.

What can i do?


#6

They say a picture is worth a thousand words but they probably meant to your octoprint.log when they said that.


#7

octoprint.log.zip (162.9 KB)
Thanks, this is my octoprint.log. I dont no, what's appen...Sorry for my english, i'm french...


#8

I'm loading a gcode file. when I start printing, the bed and extruder temperatures go up, but printing does not start automatically. If I preheat the temperatures in octoprint, then I start printing and there, it starts ...
I do not understand why, it does not work anymore. I just changed the touch screen: ender 3 - mks-tft 32


#9

One thing which is going on is that the meta data for your uploads folder is unhappy. Somewhere in the file is a character which isn't recognized by the utf8 format, I'd guess.

2019-03-11 14:35:56,814 - octoprint.filemanager.storage - ERROR - Error while writing .metadata.json to /home/pi/.octoprint/uploads
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/filemanager/storage.py", line 1543, in _save_metadata
    json.dump(metadata, f, indent=4, separators=(",", ": "))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 189, in dump
    for chunk in iterable:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/encoder.py", line 434, in _iterencode
    for chunk in _iterencode_dict(o, _current_indent_level):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/encoder.py", line 408, in _iterencode_dict
    for chunk in chunks:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/encoder.py", line 408, in _iterencode_dict
    for chunk in chunks:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/encoder.py", line 390, in _iterencode_dict
    yield _encoder(value)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 180: invalid continuation byte

What happened right before this was:

2019-03-11 14:35:50,266 - octoprint.plugins.SlicerSettingsParser - INFO - Analyzing file: nozzle-fan-45deg_jp.gcode

It was trying to analyze a file you had uploaded. But then again, it was throwing that same error over and over before this, to be honest. Somewhere along the line this file has either become corrupt or something has written unicode data to it, perhaps. If you have added any plugins which analyze files, then they would be suspect to causing the problem.

If it were me, I think I'd run rm ~/.octoprint/uploads/.metadata.json and restart OctoPrint, letting it attempt to analyze all your files again.

Given that you have so many plugins, it would be difficult to guess which one might cause such a problem.

| Automatic Shutdown (0.1.4)
| Autoscroll (0.0.2)
| Bed Visualizer (0.1.7)
| Cost Plugin (0.1.3)
| Detailed Progress Plugin (0.1.4)
| EEPROM Marlin Editor Plugin (1.2.1)
| Emergency Stop Button (0.1.2)
| Extra Distance Buttons (0.1.0)
| Fan Speed Control (0.2.1)
| Filament Manager (0.5.3)
| Fullscreen Plugin (0.0.4)
| GcodeEditor (0.2.6)
| Navbar Temperature Plugin (0.11)
| Octolapse (0.3.4)
| SlicerSettingsParser (2.0.1)
| SlicerSettingsTab (1.0.3)
| Tab Order (0.5.3)
| Tasmota (0.8.5)
| Themeify (1.2.0)

Fix your meta data then try running in Safe Mode to see if it is happier.


#10

Thank you very much, I will analyze that ...