Errno98 on fresh Raspbian install

What is the problem?

I have successfully managed to install all of the first packages on my raspberry pi with the latest Raspbian update. But once I try to run the serve command the shell returns the following :

2019-03-07 20:30:30,355 - octoprint.startup - INFO - ******************************************************************************
2019-03-07 20:30:30,361 - octoprint.startup - INFO - Starting OctoPrint 0+unknown
2019-03-07 20:30:30,365 - octoprint.startup - INFO - ******************************************************************************
2019-03-07 20:30:30,648 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Loading plugins from /home/pi/Octoprint/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-0+unknown-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugins, /home/pi/.octoprint/plugins and installed plugin packages...
2019-03-07 20:30:35,503 - octoprint.plugins.discovery - INFO - pybonjour is not installed, Zeroconf Discovery won't be available
2019-03-07 20:30:35,517 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Found 15 plugin(s) providing 15 mixin implementations, 17 hook handlers
2019-03-07 20:30:35,641 - octoprint.server.heartbeat - INFO - Starting server heartbeat, 900.0s interval
2019-03-07 20:30:35,686 - octoprint.cli.server - ERROR - Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./venv/bin/octoprint", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('OctoPrint==0+unknown', 'console_scripts', 'octoprint')()
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-0+unknown-py2.7.egg/octoprint/__init__.py", line 602, in main
    octo(args=args, prog_name="octoprint", auto_envvar_prefix="OCTOPRINT")
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 716, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 696, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 1037, in invoke
    return Command.invoke(self, ctx)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 889, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/decorators.py", line 17, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-0+unknown-py2.7.egg/octoprint/cli/__init__.py", line 175, in octo
    ctx.invoke(serve_command, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click-6.2-py2.7.egg/click/decorators.py", line 17, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-0+unknown-py2.7.egg/octoprint/cli/server.py", line 187, in serve_command
    ignore_blacklist)
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-0+unknown-py2.7.egg/octoprint/cli/server.py", line 108, in run_server
    octoprint_server.run()
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-0+unknown-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/__init__.py", line 258, in run
    self._start_intermediary_server()
  File "/home/pi/Octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-0+unknown-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/__init__.py", line 1645, in _start_intermediary_server
    self._intermediary_server.server_bind()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 108, in server_bind
    SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 431, in server_bind
    self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 98] Address already in use
Exception in thread Thread-4 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried to run some commands to see why the 5000 port might be used and make sure octoprint is running.

(stable) pi@shedpi:~/Octoprint $ netstat -a | grep 5000
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 localhost:59696         localhost:5000          ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 localhost:5000          localhost:59696         ESTABLISHED
tcp6       0      0 [::]:5000               [::]:*                  LISTEN     
(stable) pi@shedpi:~/Octoprint $ ps -ax|grep octoprint
 4508 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto octoprint

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3b+

Thank you

Did you install from the OctoPi image? If not, I think I'd recommend that you do so.

It could be that OctoPrint gets in conflict with an installation that is made wit Raspbian.

No I had installed Raspbian first because I want to have a GUI. I ended up installing via Octopi but I am quite annoyed to have to use Raspbian stretch. It works for now but I would really like to get the Pi to be a fully working computer. Do you think it could be possible with Debian ?

Thanks everyone

I have many OctoPi-imaged Raspberry Pi setups with GUIs.

• Adafruit 2.8" resistive TFT
  • Adafruit 2.8" capacitive TFT
  • SunFounder 10" capactivie TFT

Then I have PIXEL/Desktop versions of same.

They all began with OctoPi then I loaded the support for the GUI. Look at the second bullet point here. Guy has included the script necessary to add the PIXEL (Desktop, X11 windows system) to Stretch Lite.

Oh thanks I had no idea it was possible this way. Will try this. Thanks again !

Hi guys just to let you know just in case this happens for anyone :
As Ewald_Ikemann mentioned it it was a conflict but not with a Raspbian installation but one of mine.
I had a conflict that happened because of shairport being launched at the same time or earlier than the octoprint server. I stopped the shairport server and now can access the octoprint server and eventually launch shairport again.

Also managed to install the GUI and everything I needed as you mentioned OutsourcedGuru.

Thanks everyone !