Failed Upgrade to v1.7.2

What is the problem?

I just upgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2. After it said it was successfully updated, it tried to reload the web interface and gave me an internal server error. I rebooted the raspberry pi and tried again and got the " The OctoPrint server is currently not running" message. I followed the instructions on that screen, but there was no python process running.

Here is the log file: octoprint.log (88 KB)

What did you already try to solve it?

I rebooted the raspberry pi. Then I ran ps -ef | grep -i octoprint | grep -i python to check for the process. That returned nothing. I tried running sudo service octoprint restart, but that didn't seem to do anything. Running service octoprint status returned the following:

pi@octopi:~/oprint/bin $ service octoprint status
● octoprint.service - The snappy web interface for your 3D printer
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/octoprint.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-11-03 17:11:35 GMT; 7s ago
  Process: 1033 ExecStart=/home/pi/oprint/bin/octoprint serve --host=${HOST} --port=${PORT} (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
 Main PID: 1033 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Nov 03 17:11:35 octopi systemd[1]: Started The snappy web interface for your 3D printer.
Nov 03 17:11:35 octopi systemd[1033]: octoprint.service: Failed to execute command: Exec format error
Nov 03 17:11:35 octopi systemd[1033]: octoprint.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /home/pi/oprint/bin/octoprint: Exec format error
Nov 03 17:11:35 octopi systemd[1]: octoprint.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Nov 03 17:11:35 octopi systemd[1]: octoprint.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Looking at the ~/oprint/bin/octoprint executable, it is 0b in size.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

The octoprint command doesn't work.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

OctoPrint won't run, so I can't access it from the System Information dialog. Trying to run it from the command line doesn't return anything. Looking at the executable, ~/oprint/bin/octoprint the file is 0b in size.

Here is the hardware section from the log file:
2021-11-03 00:04:21,750 - octoprint.environment - INFO - Detected environment is Python 3.7.3 under Linux (linux). Details:
| hardware:
| cores: 4
| freq: 1500.0
| ram: 3959304192
| os:
| bits: 32
| id: linux
| platform: linux
| plugins:
| pi_support:
| model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
| octopi_version: 0.18.0
| throttle_state: '0x0'
| python:
| pip: 20.3.3
| version: 3.7.3
| virtualenv: /home/pi/oprint

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint: v1.7.2 (upgraded from 1.7.1.)
OctoPi: Linux octopi 5.10.63-v7l+ #1457 SMP Tue Sep 28 11:26:14 BST 2021 armv7l

I would try to reinstall 1.7.2

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions to force a reinstall, running ~/oprint/bin/pip install --force-reinstall OctoPrint==1.7.2 --no-cache-dir, but I received an error when it got to the OctoPrint portion:

Attempting uninstall: OctoPrint
    Found existing installation: OctoPrint 1.7.2
ERROR: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2857, in get_entry_map
    ep_map = self._ep_map
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2815, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError(attr)
AttributeError: _ep_map

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py", line 164, in exc_logging_wrapper
    status = run_func(*args)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py", line 205, in wrapper
    return func(self, options, args)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py", line 413, in run
    pycompile=options.compile,
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/req/__init__.py", line 68, in install_given_reqs
    uninstalled_pathset = requirement.uninstall(auto_confirm=True)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/req/req_install.py", line 670, in uninstall
    uninstalled_pathset = UninstallPathSet.from_dist(dist)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/req/req_uninstall.py", line 564, in from_dist
    console_scripts = dist.get_entry_map(group="console_scripts")
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2860, in get_entry_map
    self._get_metadata('entry_points.txt'), self
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2531, in parse_map
    raise ValueError("Entry points must be listed in groups")
ValueError: Entry points must be listed in groups

I'm having the same issue. My re-install seemed to work, but OctoPrint still not starting.

Here's my status:
octoprint.service - The snappy web interface for your 3D printer

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/octoprint.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-11-04 18:23:41 GMT; 10min ago

Process: 645 ExecStart=/home/pi/oprint/bin/octoprint serve --host={HOST} --port={PORT} (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Main PID: 645 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Nov 04 18:23:41 octopi systemd[1]: Started The snappy web interface for your 3D printer.

Nov 04 18:23:41 octopi systemd[645]: octoprint.service: Failed to execute command: Exec format error

Nov 04 18:23:41 octopi systemd[645]: octoprint.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /home/pi/oprint/bin/octoprint: Exec format error

Nov 04 18:23:41 octopi systemd[1]: octoprint.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC

Nov 04 18:23:41 octopi systemd[1]: octoprint.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

~

I'm having the same issue. Octoprint is not starting after my pip update and then the required reinstall of Octoprint. I'm running a Raspberry pi 3

Edit:
My issue has been fixed by unplugging my pi and letting it boot back up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.