How do I make Octoprint run M25 on pause exclusively?

What is the problem?
I just recently discovered the nozzle park feature in Marlin and want to start using it; but I have no clue how to make Octoprint run M25 exclusively. Whenever I try to pause it during prints, it just pauses where it's at of the print instead of running M25. How can I have Octoprint run M25 instead of running whatever Gcode that makes the printer stop where it's at

What did you already try to solve it?
I added M25 in the pause gcode script in Octoprint and it does show up the action prompt to resume the print, I hit continue but it never starts back up (this behavior happens only when im printing something, I just run M25 with no job sent from Octoprint, the action prompts run just fine). In fact, I notice that Octoprint still says "Pausing" as it runs the command through the Gcode script; so it seems I may not be able to run the command through that way.

Logs

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
Octoprint Version: 1.4.0rc3
Octopi Version: 0.16.0
Printer: Creality Ender 3
Printer Firmware: Marlin 2.0
Octoprint Device: Raspberry Pi 3B+
Browser: Vivaldi v2.9.1705.41
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello Nova!

M25 is for pausing a SD card print: https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M25:_Pause_SD_print

For pausing a print, you can use a script like in the examples:
https://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/features/gcode_scripts.html#more-nifty-pause-and-resume
or

PS: To resume a with M25 paused SD card print, use M24

1 Like

Ah ok! So I did just find that I can trigger a nozzle park with G27 (which just moves it into the park position I specified in the firmware), so theretriclly, instea of using G1 X0 Y0 that's in the pause script, I use G27?

So, if I understand you correct, you want to include a certain gcode command into your gcode file, so that the print heat moves to a certain point at a certain moment during the print.
May I ask for what purpose?

I do things like this when I'm embedding electronics into a part, like the RFID bottlecap project, for instance.

Oh I got it! I added the pause script and instead of a G1 command, I used G27 instead. Then I used the Resume script that was listed in the documentation. Thanks guys

1 Like