How to install fix for Creality 2x temperature reporting fix

After setting up octoprint for the first time and connecting the raspberry pi its running on via usb, I got this error:

Warning: Firmware Broken

Your printer's firmware is known to have a broken implementation of the communication protocol. This may cause print failures or other annoyances. You'll need to take additional steps for OctoPrint to fully work with it.

I clicked "learn more" and it brought me to a page saying my printer does not report its temprature properly and to use a command to install a fix.

this is the page it takes me to:

and this is the command it reccomends.

pip install "https://github.com/SimplyPrint/OctoPrint-Creality2xTemperatureReportingFix/archive/master.zip"

It does not say where to use this command, I assumed its was when sshed into the raspberry pi running octoprint but it returns:

-bash: pip: command not found

How do I implement this fix?

Open the settings, scroll to the Plugin Manager, hit 'get more', find the correct plugin (Creality 2x temperature fix) and install it through there.

1 Like

Installing plugin "Creality 2x temperature reporting fix" from https://github.com/SimplyPrint/OctoPrint-Creality2xTemperatureReportingFix/archive/master.zip...
Error!
Could not install plugin, unknown error, please consult octoprint.log for details

note: the printer is currently working on a case for the raspberry pi via a SD card, could that cause this error

It should stop you installing plugins while the printer is printing usually.

Its not printing through octoprint, can it even tell

I'll try again after it finishes printing to see if that works

In that case, we would need the mentioned file, if the printer is not connected it won't know.

octoprint.log (58.1 KB)

Your Pi reports an undervoltagte issue:

!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.
2021-04-24 20:51:46,265 - octoprint.environment - INFO - Detected environment is Python 3.7.3 under Linux (linux). Details:
|  hardware:
|      cores: 4
|      freq: 1200.0
|      ram: 915722240
|  os:
|      bits: 32
|      id: linux
|      platform: linux
|  plugins:
|      pi_support:
|          model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
|          octopi_version: 0.18.0
|          throttle_state: '0x50000'
|  python:
|      pip: 20.3.3
|      version: 3.7.3
|      virtualenv: /home/pi/oprint

During this situation, no updates are possible.

2 Likes