How to show my printer CPU temp

What is the problem?

My printer has 3 temperatures that it tracks, "TOOL", "BED", and "CPU". But in Octoprint, it only tracks tool and bed. I want to have an up to date reading on its CPU temp, because I want to make sure it doesn't overheat.

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried looking for plugins for this, but I think they're tracking the temp of my Octopi CPU temp. I want my printer's CPU temp.

Example of what I see in terminal:

T:23.84 /0.00 B:23.87 /0.00 C:26.45 /0.00 @:0 B@:0 C@:0

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Didn't try.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

WRITE HERE

Hello @Eric_Bouchard !

You may use this:

This is also quite handy:

Afaik Marlin (your printers firmware) doesn't report the MCU temperature.
At least I didn't find a gcode to request it.

Normally the C field in the temperature reporting is the chamber temperature. If you configure your printer profile to have a chamber, then that will show up. 26c seems a bit low to be CPU temp as well. Are you sure it is CPU and not chamber?

It might be "chamber" I suppose. But the sensor is definitely on the control board of my printer. I've seen it get as high as 47 degrees.

The label is irrelevant. The firmware is just reporting the temperature measured by a third thermistor in the C field. Where this thermistor is physically located determines what temperature it is actually measuring.

To show this temperature on the graph should be a simple matter of checking the option in the printer profile (Print bed & build volume). See this topic for some history.

Thank you, that worked. I don't know how I missed that on setup. I'm assuming it's pretty bad for my control board to be in an environment where the ambient air around it gets to 47 degrees.

You will have to do some detective work to see where that third thermistor is physically located. It probably isn't measuring ambient air but rather is attached to a chip on the control board. It may even be "built in" to the control board. You might have to look at the control schematics and/or the firmware source files to see how it is configured.

47C isn't unreasonable for a chip temperature when the chip is active.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.