Installing to Windows

What is the problem?

When getting to this part, virtualenv venv, this is the error I get, yes, Python is installed.
'virtualenv' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

pip --version = pip 20.2.1 from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_3.8.1776.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.8)

What did you already try to solve it?

Started from scratch several times.

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Did you do the step previous, pip install virtualenv?

Note that depending on what shell you are using you may need to close & reopen it to pick up the changes to what is on PATH

It helps to give just a little more information, about what you have done & which guide you have been following.

Also, reading the install guide myself, this command should be run to get it to update PATH:

PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Python38

Looks like you didn't install Python the recommended way, from https://python.org/downloads either, since the

since this path is not where I would have expected it to be. As a result, you'll have to adjust the commands yourself to however you have installed Python.

yes.
This guide: https://community.octoprint.org/t/setting-up-octoprint-on-windows/383

I downloaded Python and installed it, just as instructions stated.
It states to only do that step you show if it is not found.

"If you get a message about pip not having been found, your PATH hasn't yet been updated to include it. Do it manually for now on the active prompt by redefining PATH (be sure to check this exists!):"

PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Python38

Well, I removed Python, and reinstalled it, and this time checked "Add Python to environment variables", now I made progress.
It's working after I did this. Thanks for the idea of checking the environment variable.