Microsoft LifeCam Studio will not load or hangs up after hours

What is the problem?
Hello!
I have installed the Image for Raspberry on my RPi 3b and installed the Microsoft LifeCam Studio.
The cam works great for a few days, but now it will hangs up and i get no picture any more after Hours.
When i reboot the RPi sometimes it will work, and sometimes not!

Edit:
In the Octoprint.log File i have found this;

2019-03-18 18:03:06,054 - octoprint.server.api - ERROR - Error while running a test GET request on http://127.0.0.1:8080/?action=snapshot
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/server/api/init.py", line 438, in _test_url
with requests.request(method=method, url=url, timeout=timeout, verify=valid_ssl, stream=True) as response:
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 533, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 646, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 529, in send
raise ReadTimeout(e, request=request)
ReadTimeout: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Read timed out. (read timeout=5.0)

Has somebody an idea, what i can do?

What did you already try to solve it?

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

I used to use the same camera, I gave up on using it for this exact reason. Something about it seems to be broken under Linux. I'd recommend to switch to a different cam. Personally I switched to Logitech C270 as my daily driver.

Good Morning!
Many thanks for this fast and detailed information. Then I will probably order another. Maybe even the same as you!
If necessary, may I contact you again regarding the settings for the Logitech camera?

I would still have a question ..

Can the camera be connected directly to the Raspberry Pi, or do I need a USB hub with external power supply?

I connect it directly.

There isn't much to configure, it's pretty much plug and play. The only thing you might want to configure is the resolution and that is explained in the FAQ :wink:

Same. Can someone with more forum points edit the wiki to warn people against this webcam?