Migrating Octoprint settings from Pi 3 to Pi 4

What is the problem?

I'd like to migrate my OctoPrint plugins and settings from a Pi 3 to a Pi 4.

What did you already try to solve it?

I searched online to determine that it wouldn't be a good idea to just move the SD.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

N/A

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

n/a

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Currently running the latest stable on a Pi 3b, with a standard Pi camera, plugged into my Creality CR-10s.

There are two options. Create a backup of your current installation from OctoPrint's settings, and download that file, flash the latest octopi 0.18 version and then complete the initial setup wizard (you won't be able to complete the restore because of older version). Upgrade that install and then restore the backup.

The other option is to just run the upgrade script on your current pi.

2 Likes

Hello @travis !

You can do a backup and reload all stuff to your new setup on the Pi 4

1 Like

Depending on the OctoPi version and what you have installed, it should just work. However, if you have installed anything beyond standard OctoPi software that compiled itself for the specific Pi then you will have issues.

if you do a sudo apt update and sudo apt full-upgrade -y on the pi 3, it will have all the files needed for the pi4. you can then do sudo shutdown -h now and power off the pi3 and insert the card into the pi4 and power it on.

1 Like